Naval Aircraft Factory TDN. Specifications. A photo.
Naval Aircraft Factory TDN - US military unmanned aerial vehicle developed by «Naval Aircraft Factory» in 1942 year.
Naval Aircraft Factory TDN photo
Design UAV Naval Aircraft Factory TDN was deployed in the early 40-ies of the last century. This device is intended to operate as an independent combat unit to destroy enemy positions, as well as of serious damage to naval vessels, aircrafts and others. In fact, unmanned aerial machine model Naval Aircraft Factory TDN is the first mass-produced drones, in particular, for the period release, American aircraft manufacturers have been implemented 104 aircrafts (including prototypes).
The first flight tests of Naval Aircraft Factory TDN unmanned air vehicle model were produced in 1942 year, and due to the fact that the device proved quite effective in terms of its operation, the drone was adopted.
UAV Naval Aircraft Factory TDN has dimensions similar to the dimensions of conventional military aircraft, in particular, when the length of the fuselage in 11 meters, the drone has a wingspan in 15 meters.
The power plant of Lycoming O-435-2 drone Naval Aircraft Factory TDN is represented by two piston engines of the brand, each of which has its own traction in 220 hp, which in turn, allows unmanned vehicles reach a maximum speed of its flight in 250 km \ h .
The drone is equipped with either a bomb detonating in a collision with the enemy by means of UAVs or torpedo discharged in the area of finding water or underwater targets.
For quite a period of development of production of UAV Naval Aircraft Factory TDN, aware of the existence of the following options:
- Naval Aircraft Factory XTDN-1 - Prototype, equipped with engines Franklin O-300;
- Naval Aircraft Factory TDN-1 - Production variant equipped improved power plant.
Specifications Naval Aircraft Factory TDN.
- Length: 11 m .;
- Wingspan: 15 m .;
- Height: 3,2 m .;
- Maximum takeoff weight: 1620 kg .;
- Cruising flight speed: 230 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 250 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 50 km .;
- Maximum flight height: 3100 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: 2 x Lycoming O-435-2 (depending on version);
- Power: 2 x 220 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation