NASA Pathfinder. Specifications. A photo.
NASA Pathfinder - American Research drone developed in 1983, the specialists of the National Aerospace Agency of the USA.
Design UAV NASA Pathfinder was deployed exclusively for research, as well as attempts to create an air tool capable of maintaining its flight due to the energy of sunlight. In fact, the device was of purely academic interest, however, later on, without this UAV was designed and the other models of unmanned aerial vehicles of this class.
The first flight of an unmanned air vehicle model NASA Pathfinder took place in June, 1983 years, when the device, speeding up to nominally required speed, produced not only the gap between the surface of the earth, but could stay in the air long enough period of time, thereby successfully completing all the necessary tests. Because of the project were deemed appropriate, the experts continued to improve it technically means the air, which is why there was also an upgraded version of the drone in a short time - a model of NASA Pathfinder Plus, different and design and technical parameters.
UAV NASA Pathfinder presented power plant consisting of six electric motors, each of which has a capacity of traction 2 hp, while the upgraded version of this unit has 8 electric motors that provides drone and a higher traction, more higher moving speed, which can reach 30 km \ h.
Specifications NASA Pathfinder.
- Length: 3,6 m .;
- Wingspan: 29,5 m (depending on version).
- Height: 2,4 m .;
- Maximum takeoff weight: 250 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising flight speed: 25 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 30 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: Unknown .;
- Maximum flight height: 21800 m (depending on version).
- aircraft engine type: Electric;
- Powerplant: unknown;
- Power: 6 x 2 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation