Miles M.65 Gemini. Specifications. A photo.
Miles M.65 Gemini - British twin-engine multipurpose aircraft «Miles Aircraft Limited» Developed by experts in 1945 year.
Miles M.65 Geminia photo
The first development aircraft Miles M.65 Gemini started by British experts, aircraft manufacturers still in the pre-war period, however, with the advent of World War II, the program has been minimized, and resumed only in 1945, when in fact, it took only a few months to build the first prototype and conduct all necessary tests.
Designed by aircraft manufacturers plane was in demand not only in civil aviation, but also began to actively operate and Royal Air Force, mainly for reconnaissance, observation of the flight, etc. However, the most widely used aircraft Miles M.65 Gemini was still in the area of civil air transport, where, despite the fact that the aircraft has a small seating capacity, allowing airlines to work actively on the local level.
The aircraft Miles M.65 Gemini has a high maneuverability and good handling, which mainly contribute to the small dimensions of the aircraft. In addition, the British engineers have made the plane really reliable, greatly strengthening the main bottlenecks of the aircraft of this model, and providing all the additional strength characteristics design.
A photoMiles M.65 Gemini
The cabin Miles M.65 Gemini can accommodate up to four people - three passengers and the pilot, allowing the use of aircraft for commercial flights, and, operated in this the aircraft is very active despite the fact that the number of people taken on board was very limited due to a number of design features of the model of the British aircraft. Transportation of cargo on board is only possible on a small scale, while the maximum accepted on board the payload (including own weight of passengers and pilot) is 496 kg.
Two piston aircraft engine Blackburn Cirrus Minor allow the aircraft to develop power in 200 hp, which in turn ensures a maximum flight speed in 235 km \ h. The maximum range of the repetition of this aircraft is also quite affordable, making 1320 kilometers, which allows travel on the routes of local and regional importance.
AircraftMiles M.65 Gemini
Plane Miles M.65 Gemini was produced in the following modifications:
- Miles M.65 Gemini 1 - A prototype of the aircraft;
- Miles M.65 Gemini 1A - The production version of the airplane, manufactured with 1945 years;
- Miles M.65 Gemini 1B - Production, technically improved version of the aircraft;
- Miles M.65 Gemini 2 - A modified version has two piston aircraft engines Lycoming O-290-3 / 1 (130 hp);
- Miles M.65 Gemini 3 - A modified version, equipped with engines of de Havilland Gipsy Major 1C (145 hp);
- Miles M.65 Gemini 3A - An improved version of Miles M.65 Gemini 3, with a number of minor technical improvements;
- Miles M.65 Gemini 3B - Variant with improved power plant;
- Miles M.65 Gemini 3C / 7 - Improved version with engine de Havilland Gipsy Major 10 Mk 2 (145 hp);
- Miles M.65 Gemini 8 - A special version of the aircraft;
- Miles Aries - Modification equipped with two engines Blackburn Cirrus Major 3 (155 hp).
Over the two-year period of production of this model, 1945 aircraft, of which only 1947 specimens preserved in Europe was built on a 170 7.
Specifications Miles M.65 Gemini.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger: 3 person;
- aircraft Length: 6,78 m .;
- Wingspan: 11,02 m .;
- Plane Height: 2,3 m .;
- Weight of empty aircraft: 868 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 496 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 1364 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 217 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 235 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 1320 km .;
- Maximum flight height: 4115 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: 2 × Blackburn Cirrus Minor (depending on version);
- Power: 2 × 100 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation