McDonnell Douglas MD-95. Specifications. A photo.
McDonnell Douglas MD-95 - turbojet passenger short-haul passenger aircraft developed in 1994, the US aircraft manufacturer «McDonnell Douglas».
Designing an aircraft McDonnell Douglas MD-95 started by American aircraft manufacturers in the first half 80-ies of the last century, and, aviarazrabotchiki intended to create a full passenger airliner, capable of carrying on its board a large number of passengers and travel distances of up to 2500 kilometers.
In 1983, a group of American designers started creation of the design project of an aircraft of this model, and in fact, to implement various kinds of ideas came in a very short period of time, however, due to financial problems, the actual production of aircraft of this model began in 1994 year.
Aircraft McDonnell Douglas MD-95 was very effective and practical design, which was subsequently also found application in a number of other passenger aircraft unreleased aircraft manufacturing giant «Boeing», however, happened after the full takeover «McDonnell Douglas»
Subsequently, a draft of the passenger aircraft McDonnell Douglas MD-95 has been partially completed and has produced to a well-known name Boeing 717Although initially, the aircraft still managed to make a few flights.
Aircraft McDonnell Douglas MD-95, renamed later in the Boeing 717, has become a very popular model, which made it possible to transport on its board until 124 people (depending on the modification of the aircraft and cabin layout), which ensured a very high rate of efficiency when flying on small distances.
Powerplant passenger airliner McDonnell Douglas MD-95 has two turbojet engines model Rolls-Royce BR715, each of which is capable of traction in 84 kN., Which in turn provided the aircraft of this model a high load capacity and allowed to accelerate to maximum speed 890 km \ h. The maximum flight range of aircraft models ship McDonnell Douglas MD-95, depending on the version and the version, up to 2840 kilometers, which is quite acceptable.
Production of aircraft McDonnell Douglas MD-95 was conducted in the following variants:
- McDonnell Douglas MD-95 - The basic version of the aircraft is designed to carry passengers on 100 2560 distances to kilometers;
- McDonnell Douglas MD-95-30ER - An improved version of the aircraft that can travel up to 2840 kilometers and carry on its board until 124 passengers.
Specifications McDonnell Douglas MD-95.
- Crew: 2 person;
- Passenger: 100 people (depending on version);
- aircraft Length: 37,82 m (depending on version).
- Wingspan: 28,44 m (depending on version).
- Plane Height: 8,92 m (depending on version).
- Weight of empty aircraft: 30700 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 21000 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 51700 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 810 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 890 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 2560 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 10670 m .;
- aircraft engine type: turbojet (depending on version);
- Powerplant: 2 × Rolls-Royce BR715 (depending on version);
- Power: 2 × 84 kN. (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation