Martin 2-0-2. Specifications. A photo.
Martin 2-0-2 - Multi-Purpose Utility airliner developed by the American aircraft manufacturer «Martin Aircraft» in 1946 year.
Martin 2-0-2 photo
The main reason for which was developed by the multi-purpose aircraft, was the need for the United States civil aviation modern and spacious aircraft suitable both for passengers and for freight transport. Despite the fact that the production cycle of manufacture of planes of this model was brief, just one year the American aircraft manufacturers could release 47 aircraft operated up to 70-ies of the last century.
However, due to technical errors committed early in the design of aircraft, aircraft of this model suffered a plane crash with dozens of victims. So, just for e-50 11, there was a crash, which killed more than 150 chelvoeka, which was one of the reasons for reducing risk of this model. How do I find experts, the main reason for the frequent air crashes was the problem with the wings, which are set at high altitude just broke up, leading to tragic consequences.
On board the aircraft Martin 2-0-2 40 could be transported to the passengers, with a maximum range of the following aircraft is 1022 kilometers, which in turn makes it quite efficiently operate the aircraft on the routes of local and regional importance. Among other things, the plane Martin 2-0-2 could be used for transportation of various types of cargo the total weight of up to 4200 kg, which also found active application.
The power plant civil multi-liner Martin 2-0-2 consists of two piston 18-cylinder aircraft engines Pratt & Whitney R-2800 CA-18, capable of developing in the total volume of traction to 1800 hp, while maximum speed is set to airplane flight within 300 - 315 km \ h, which was considered quite acceptable in view of aircraft production time..
«Martin Aircraft» Company issued six different variants and versions of the aircraft, including:
- Martin 2-0-2 - Prototype and basic version of the aircraft;
- Martin 2-0-2FL - A modified version, available for delivery in Chile;
- Martin 2-0-2NW - Improved technically version of the aircraft, designed specifically for «Northwest Airlines» Airlines;
- Martin 2-0-2LAV - A modified version designed for delivery in Venezuela;
- Martin 2-0-2A - An improved version of the aircraft designed for the airline «Trans World Airlines»;
- Martin 2-0-2E - A special version designed for «Eastern Airlines» company.
Technical specifications Martin 2-0-2.
- Crew: 2 person;
- Passenger: 40 chelvoeka;
- aircraft Length: 21,74 m .;
- Wingspan: 28,42 m .;
- Plane Height: 8,66 m .;
- Weight of empty aircraft: 11379 kg .;
- Payload: 6719 kg .;
- Maximum takeoff weight: 18098 kg .;
- Cruising speed: 286 kg .;
- Maximum flight speed: 311 km \ h .;
- Maximum flight distance: 1022 km .;
- Maximum flight height: 10058 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: 2 × Pratt & Whitney R-2800 CA-18;
- Power: 2 × 1800 hp
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation