Malmo Flygindustri MFI-9 Junior. Specifications. A photo.
Malmo Flygindustri MFI-9 Junior - lightweight single-engine multi-purpose aircraft, manufactured by the Swedish company «Malmo Flygindustri» with 1962 years.
Malmo Flygindustri MFI-9 Juniora photo
Development of small-aircraft began in the Swedish aircraft manufacturers 1956 year, with the engineers and designers were intended to create a multi-purpose aircraft that can find application as from private owners, and aviation schools for training future pilots. However, private owners were not interested in buying this aircraft, and therefore the expectations of Swedish engineers were not fully justified, however, the plane has found application in another area - in the air force of some states, including Sweden itself for patrolling the area and conducting observation flights from the air.
Aircraft Malmo Flygindustri MFI-9 Junior has a fairly simple design, however, in view of its cost remained very small at the time, in fact, the project had a very good potential.
A photoMalmo Flygindustri MFI-9 Junior
In the cockpit of the aircraft Malmo Flygindustri MFI-9 Junior can accommodate only two people at the same time, space is very very limited, which is why flights on distances of over 500 kilometers deliver obvious discomfort, while the real possibility range of flight of the aircraft is 800 kilometers. Despite the fact that the plane Malmo Flygindustri MFI-9 Junior is capable of carrying on its board a cargo total weight of up to 235 kg, for transporting such it is not suited, owing mainly to the lack of space in the cabin.
The most widely used aircraft Malmo Flygindustri MFI-9 Junior got it in aero clubs, which, despite its almost 50-years of age, and continues to operate today.
The power plant of the aircraft Malmo Flygindustri MFI-9 Junior presented piston aircraft engine Continental O-200 A, capable of developing a thrust of 100 hp, which allows the aircraft to accelerate to speed in 215 km \ h (cruising airspeed). The power plant of the aircraft are highly reliable and fairly simple in terms of its maintenance, which causes financial expenses during the operation of the aircraft.
CabinMalmo Flygindustri MFI-9 Junior
Over the entire period of the Swedish aircraft manufacturers 5 different versions of the aircraft were built:
- Malmo Flygindustri MFI-9 Junior - Basic production version of the aircraft;
- Bolkow Bo 208 - The German version of the aircraft, manufactured under license;
- Malmo Flygindustri MFI-9B Trainer - Sports-training version of the aircraft;
- Biafra Baby - The French version of the aircraft;
- Malmo Flygindustri MFI-9B Mili-Trainer - The military version of the plane.
Specifications Malmo Flygindustri MFI-9 Junior.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger: 1 people;
- aircraft Length: 5,85 m .;
- Wingspan: 7,44 m .;
- Plane Height: 2 m .;
- Weight of empty aircraft: 340 kg .;
- Payload: 235 kg .;
- Maximum takeoff weight: 575 kg .;
- Cruising speed: 215 km \ h .;
- Maximum flight speed: 236 km \ h .;
- Maximum flight distance: 800 km .;
- Maximum flight height: 4500 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: Continental O-200 A;
- Power: 100 hp
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation