MacFam Cavalier. Specifications. A photo.
MacFam Cavalier - lightweight single-engine multi-purpose aircraft developed jointly by French and Canadian engineers and designers, and manufactured by the companies «MacFam» and «K & S Aircraft» with 1963 years.
MacFam Cavalier photo
Designing MacFam Cavalier aircraft conducted by an international team of engineers based on the model of the old French post-war aircraft, at the same time, aircraft manufacturers have managed not only to develop a fundamentally new design of the aircraft, but also greatly enhance its flight performance, while not affecting a large extent the cost of the aircraft.
MacFam Cavalier Aircraft made its first flight in 1963 year, and after a few months of the establishment of production, was launched in serial production, where he was for several years, releasing as individual kits for self-assembly, and the already fully assembled.
A photoMacFam Cavalier
The cabin of the aircraft MacFam Cavalier is designed for two people at the same time, in addition to the normal air travel aircraft can also be used for the training of future pilots, as well as for the transport of small loads weighing up to a total 309 kilos (including self-weight of the pilot and passenger). Despite the fact that the plane has paired controls. The aircraft did not become popular in the aviation schools, in relation to what it has been discontinued its production, as private customers buying plane rather weak due to low passenger capacity characteristics.
Depending on the wishes of the customer, the aircraft MacFam Cavalier could equip piston engines of various capacities ranging from 85 hp and ending power plants with capacity up to 135 hp, which allows more convenient to combine the flight performance of the aircraft to its actual value. Depending on the installed power plant, the aircraft could reach speeds in 386 km \ h., And travel distances of up to 1200 kilometers, which was very reasonable, especially considering the relatively low price of the aircraft.
Over the entire period of production it was created five different aircraft variants, which differ mainly in their technical features and performance of the cabin, including:
- MacFam Cavalier SA102 - Basic production version of the airplane;
- MacFam Cavalier SA102.5 - A modified version of 1968 years;
- MacFam Cavalier SA103 - An improved version with a modified chassis;
- MacFam Cavalier SA104 - A modified version of the aircraft with a modified chassis and some technical changes in the cabin (added third seat);
- MacFam Cavalier SA105 - Modification of 1968 years with retractable landing gear and powerful propulsion (200 hp).
Specifications MacFam Cavalier.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger: 1 people (depending on version);
- aircraft Length: 7,25 m .;
- Wingspan: 8,34 m .;
- Plane Height: 2,1 m (depending on version).
- Weight of empty aircraft: 530 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 309 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 839 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 322 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 386 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 1200 km .;
- Maximum flight height: 4200 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: Continental O-200 (depending on version);
- Power: 100 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation