Luscombe 11. Specifications. A photo.
Luscombe 11 - lightweight single-engine civilian aircraft, developed by the American aircraft manufacturer «Luscombe Aircraft» in the middle of 40-ies of the last century.
Luscombe 11 photo
Designing an aircraft Luscombe 11 was initiated by the American aircraft manufacturers before the start of the Second World War, but, in fact, the engineers were not able to complete the testing of this model, which is why in the manufacture of aircraft Luscombe 11 1946 appeared only in the year. Due to the rather late appearance of the aircraft, its cost is largely increased, and therefore, the number of outstanding aircraft was small - according to some sources, it was possible to build only 60 aircraft before the production of this model has been completed, and, the production of one of the modifications continued until the aircraft manufacturer bankruptcy, which occurred in the year 2009.
The aircraft Luscombe 11 suitable for implementation of passenger and for freight transport. It is large and spacious cabin can accommodate aboard up to 4 people, including also a pilot, allowing the aircraft to operate in a commercial area of civil aviation, however, due to weak demand caused by the above circumstances do not apply. If necessary, on board the aircraft can be loaded up to 454 kilogram payload, while the maximum flight range of the aircraft was 926 kilometers. Typically, for use as a transport plane aircraft required to dismantle the rear passenger seats.
A photoLuscombe 11
The aircraft model Luscombe 11 equipped with a piston powerplant in the form of a four-cylinder aircraft engine Continental E-165-2, the ability to develop traction in 165 hp, which in turn allows you to accelerate to a sufficiently high flight speeds, in particular, the maximum speed of the aircraft is 290 km \ h., which is quite acceptable, especially considering the year of production of the aircraft.
In addition to basic production version of the aircraft Luscombe 11, American aircraft manufacturers have also carried out and release a modified version Luscombe 11E, having better flight performance, thus ensuring greater operating efficiency of the aircraft.
According to 2014 years, in the world there 37 aircraft model Luscombe 11, the absolute number is located on the territory of the United States and Canada.
Specifications Luscombe 11.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger: 3 person (depending on layout);
- aircraft Length: 7,2 m (depending on version).
- Wingspan: 11,6 m (depending on version).
- Plane Height: 2,1 m .;
- Weight of empty aircraft: 581 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 454 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 1035 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 210 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 290 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 926 km .;
- Maximum flight height: 5182 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: Continental E-165-2 (depending on version);
- Power: 165 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation