Lockheed L-1049 Super Constellation. Specifications. A photo.
Lockheed L-1049 Super Constellation - American Multi-Purpose Utility airliner developed «Lockheed Corporation» Aircraft company in 1951 year.
Lockheed L-1049 Super Constellation Photos
The first work on the design of multi-model aircraft Lockheed L-1049 Super Constellation began in 1943 year. The aircraft was designed by American aeronautical engineer and designers on the basis of aircraft Lockheed Constellation, however, according to the requirements of the aircraft company management, the plane had to be more effective in terms of its operational capacity, in particular, to take on board a large number of people and to make flights over distances of up to 7 thousand kilometers, which would allow its use for international and intercontinental flights.
His first ascent into the air plane model Lockheed L-1049 Super Constellation has made in 1951 year, moreover, the test trials of a new aircraft completed quite successfully, and the plane was not only able to meet the requirements of the manual «Lockheed Corporation» Aircraft Corporation, but also to some extent surpass them, and therefore, in the same year, the project was sent to the serial production, where he stayed until 1958 years.
In addition to the civil aviation, airplane model Lockheed L-1049 Super Constellation is also interested in and the air force, where the aircraft could be used as an effective transport aircraft. Moreover, despite the fact that the aircraft was meant for greater use in civil aviation, the most widely used, the model got it in the military sphere, where 7 copies of this aircraft was delivered over 320 years.
A photoLockheed L-1049 Super Constellation
Depending on the version of the aircraft, on board an airplane Lockheed L-1049 Super Constellation can accommodate up to 51 110 people, including passengers in addition to, and also to four crew members. A large part of the crew did not do this airliner attractive, but despite this fact, the plane is very effective, because its operation was quite long.
In addition to the transportation of people, model Lockheed L-1049 Super Constellation can also be used to transport various types of large and heavy loads, provided that the maximum take-off weight of the aircraft in 54,4 tonnes is not exceeded.
Aircraft Lockheed L-1049 Super Constellation equipped with four turboprop aircraft engines, which, depending on the version of the aircraft and its modifications can develop traction in 3250 hp each. Using trendy aircraft turboprop engines, allowing the aircraft Lockheed L-1049 Super Constellation accelerate to cruising speed in 490 km \ h., And to overcome the distance to 8290 kilometers.
AircraftLockheed L-1049 Super Constellation
Production of the aircraft Lockheed L-1049 Super Constellation was carried out by US aircraft manufacturers in the following variants:
- Lockheed L-1049 Super Constellation - The basic production version of the airplane;
- Lockheed L-1049C Super Constellation - An improved version equipped with engines brands Wright R-3350 972-TC-18DA-1;
- Lockheed L-1049D Super Constellation - Cargo version of the aircraft, developed by request Seaboard & Western Airlines companies;
- Lockheed L-1049E Super Constellation - Passenger enhanced version of the aircraft Lockheed L-1049D Super Constellation;
- Lockheed L-1049G Super Constellation - An upgraded version of the aircraft, equipped with additional aviation equipment;
- Lockheed L-1049G \ 01 Super Constellation - Modification version Lockheed L-1049G Super Constellation with reinforced wings;
- Lockheed L-1049H Super Constellation - Utility variant of the aircraft;
- Lockheed L-1049H \ 01 Super Constellation - Modification version Lockheed L-1049H Super Constellation, designed by order of «Flying Tiger Line»;
- Lockheed L-1049H \ 02 Super Constellation - Modification with improved chassis systems;
- Lockheed L-1049H \ 07 Super Constellation - An improved version of the version of Lockheed L-1049H \ 01 Super Constellation;
- Lockheed L-1049J Super Constellation - Aircraft project with increased fuel capacity;
- Lockheed L-1149 Super Constellation - Draft version of the aircraft, equipped with turboprop engines brands Allison 501D;
- Lockheed L-1449 Super Constellation - Draft version of the aircraft with the increased length of the fuselage and wings;
- Lockheed L-1549 Super Constellation - Designing version of the aircraft with the increased length of the fuselage;
- Lockheed L-1049A Super Constellation - The military version of the aircraft;
- Lockheed L-1049B Super Constellation - An improved version of the military transport aircraft;
- Lockheed L-1049F Super Constellation - Military transport version with improved chassis systems.
Technical specifications Lockheed L-1049 Super Constellation.
- Crew: 4 person;
- Passenger: 47 people (depending on version) ;;
- The length of the aircraft:. 34,62 m (depending on version) ;;
- Wingspan:. 37,5 m (depending on version) ;;
- Plane Height:. 7,54 m (depending on version) ;;
- Weight of empty aircraft: 31300 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 23130 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 54430 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 490 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 530 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 8290 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 7830 m .;
- aircraft engine type: turboprop (depending on version);
- Powerplant: 4 × Wright R-3350 972-TC-18DA-1 (depending on version);
- Power: 4 × 3250 hp ..
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation