Lockheed JetStar. Specifications. A photo.
Lockheed JetStar - American business jet developed in the year 1957 «Lockheed Corporation» Aircraft Corporation.
A photoLockheed JetStar
Designing an administrative type Lockheed JetStar aircraft was conducted by American aeronautical engineer in 1954 year. The main purpose of the future project of the aircraft was the need to use a small, but high-speed aircraft for the transport of high-ranking officials and the owners of large companies, however, later, the plane also became actively operate in the military sphere, which has found application as a high-speed vehicle for the transport of high-ranking officers and commanders, as well as for observation and patrol flights.
Lockheed JetStara photo
The aircraft model Lockheed JetStar in many ways ahead of his time, as, in fact, jet aircraft only began to appear, in addition, the cost of their development has been enormously high, forcing many aircraft manufacturers, to abandon such costs. Nonetheless, Lockheed JetStar aircraft has fully justified itself and became popular enough aircraft, which continues to operate actively and to date, however, has only the private owners.
His first flight of the aircraft is made in 1957 year, and due to the fact that the aircraft has fully justified all expectations aircraft manufacturer, the aircraft was a few months later put into production, which was over 21 years. During the entire production cycle, Aircraft Corporation «Lockheed Corporation» was released 204 aircraft, of which, to date, are in operation more than a hundred copies.
The crew of the aircraft Lockheed JetStar consists of two or three people, including two pilots and a flight attendant, while, depending on the layout of the cabin, as well as aircraft modifications in the cabin can accommodate up to 10 people. In addition to transport the occupants, the aircraft can also be used as a transport aircraft, allowing you to carry on its board until 8960 kg of payload, which is very effective.
The power plant of the aircraft consists of four turbojet engines of the brand Pratt & Whitney JT12A-8, each of which has a thrust of 14,7 kN, which allows the aircraft to reach speeds in 885 km \ h. (Depending on the modification of the aircraft). The aircraft can carry out flights over distances of up to 4820 kilometers, which in turn is considered to be quite acceptable.
In series production aircraft Lockheed JetStar was in the following variants:
- Lockheed JetStar I - The basic version of the aircraft;
- Lockheed JetStar II - An improved version of the aircraft, equipped with more productive aircraft engines Garrett TFE731-3 16,5 capacity in kN .;
- Lockheed JetStar 731 - A modernized version of the aircraft, equipped with additional fuel tanks;
- Lockheed C-140A - A special version of a military aircraft;
- Lockheed C-140B - Utility version of the aircraft designed for the US Air Force;
- Lockheed VC-140B - VIP-aircraft designed for the US Air Force;
- Lockheed C-140C - A modified version of a military aircraft designed for the US Navy;
- Lockheed T-40 - Project of military training aircraft;
- Lockheed AAI FanStar - An upgraded version of the aircraft, equipped with two motors General Electric CF34.
Specifications Lockheed JetStar.
- Crew: 2-3 person;
- Passenger: 10 people (depending on configuration);
- aircraft Length: 18,41 m (depending on version).
- Wingspan: 16,6 m (depending on version).
- Plane Height: 6,22 m (depending on version).
- Weight of empty aircraft: 11225 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 8960 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 20185 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 810 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 885 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 4820 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 13100 m .;
- aircraft engine type: turbojet (depending on version);
- Powerplant: 4 × Garrett TFE731-3 (depending on version);
- Power: 4 × 16,5 kN. (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation