Lockheed Constellation. Specifications. A photo
Lockheed Constellation - American chetyrёhdvigatelny screw multipurpose airliner manufactured by Aircraft Corporation Lockheed Aircraft Corporation between 1943 1958 on year.
A photoLockheed Constellation
Development of the aircraft Lockheed Constellation were based, did not go into production, the model Lockheed Model 44 Excalibur, which represented a 32-seat airliner.
A key feature of the aircraft Lockheed Constellation is unique in its kind, shape of the tail, which is a triple branching. Current shaping allowed not only to improve the aerodynamic properties of the aircraft, but also increases handling airliner, including when flying at high altitude, at maximum speeds.
Lockheed Constellation Photos
The power plant of Lockheed Constellation represented by four screw 18-cylinder engines Wright R-3350, provides good power and airspeed. Among other things, powerful engines allow the aircraft to operate not only for the transport of persons, but also for the transport of goods, and heavy enough overall.
His initial use of airplanes Lockheed Constellation found during the Second World War when they were used as air transport vehicles carrying out the transport of cargo and transfer of military forces. In addition, thanks to the small design improvements, the aircraft is actively operated as a bomber, as most useful to take on board the load, you can take the maximum ammunition. For US Air Force company Lockheed Aircraft Corporation built 202 aircraft, most of which continued to operate until the end of 70-ies of the last century.
After the war, airplanes Lockheed Constellation began actively operated as civil aircraft, at the same time they were carried out as the air transportation on domestic routes and international flights, at distances of up to 9 thousand kilometers (depending on the production version). On board the aircraft Lockheed Constellation, depending on the configuration of the aircraft and modifications can accommodate up to 81 person that perfectly fit to perform air transportation between major cities. The interior has been made quite conveniently, it did not cause any inconvenience, even with the maximum configuration of the aircraft, which is why the airliners actively exploited until the mid 90-ies of the last century, and some of them continue to operate in a number of countries around the world.
Specifications Lockheed Constellation.
- Crew: 6 people;
- Passenger: 81 people (depending on the cabin configuration);
- aircraft Length: 29,03 m (depending on version).
- Wingspan: 37,49 m (depending on version).
- Plane Height: 7,21 m (depending on version).
- Weight of empty aircraft: 22,4 t (depending on version).
- Payload: 16,72 t (depending on version).
- Maximum takeoff weight: 39,12 t (depending on version).
- Cruising speed: 503 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 535 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 9107 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 7710 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: 4 × Wright R-3350-745C18BA-1 (depending on version);
- Power: 4 × 2200 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation