Lockheed 12 Electra Junior. Specifications. A photo.
Lockheed 12 Electra Junior - twin-engine multi-purpose aircraft of US manufacture, developed in the year 1936 «Lockheed Corporation» Aircraft Corporation.
A photoLockheed 12 Electra Junior
The aircraft model Lockheed 12 Electra Junior was the American aviarazrabotchikami designed in the early 30-ies of the last century. Its main distinguishing feature was the rugged fuselage with a forward-looking aerodynamic design that allows the aircraft to develop more speed and be agile enough to fly during the execution, which was one of the reasons for the high popularity of this model.
The aircraft model Lockheed 12 Electra Junior has a multi-purpose, in particular, the aircraft can be operated, and as a passenger aircraft capable of performing local and regional flights, and as a transport aircraft, capable of carrying on its board until 1300 kilogram payload. In addition to the civil aviation sector, aircraft Lockheed 12 Electra Junior also operated and military aircraft, and, not without success.
Lockheed 12 Electra Junior photo
His first flight of the aircraft model Lockheed 12 Electra Junior has made in late June 1936 years and due to the fact that the model was able to himself entirely justified, at the end of the same year the project was launched in series production, which was quite a long time. During the entire release period, aircraft manufacturers of the «Lockheed Corporation» has managed to build 130 aircraft of this model, of which, up to now, there is still only a few instances constituting mainly the museum.
The aircraft model Lockheed 12 Electra Junior can carry out transportation on its board until 8-9 people (depending on version), including 2 crew and 6-7 passengers. The maximum load to be carried on board the aircraft Lockheed 12 Electra Junior, must not exceed the maximum take-off weight of the aircraft, which is 3925 kg, while, cargo dimensions must also be regulated size.
AircraftLockheed 12 Electra Junior
The power plant air ship model Lockheed 12 Electra Junior consists of two radial piston engines of the brand Pratt & Whitney R-985 Wasp Junior SB, each of which has a towing capacity of 450 hp The aircraft can reach a cruising speed of its flight in 310 km \ h., Without committing additional landings overcome the distance at distances of 1290 kilometers.
Over the entire period of production, the American aircraft manufacturers the following versions of the aircraft were released:
- Lockheed 12A Electra Junior - Basic version of the aircraft;
- Lockheed 12B Electra Junior - A modified version of the aircraft equipped with the power ustanvokoy consisting of two aircraft radial engines brands Wright R-975-E3 Whirlwind;
- Lockheed 12-25 Electra Junior - A modernized version of the aircraft.
Specifications Lockheed 12 Electra Junior.
- Crew: 2 person;
- Passenger: 6-7 people (depending on version);
- aircraft Length: 10,98 m .;
- Wingspan: 15,1 m .;
- Plane Height: 2,98 m .;
- Weight of empty aircraft: 2615 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 1310 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 3925 kg .;
- Cruising speed: 310 km \ h .;
- Maximum flight speed: 360 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 1290 km .;
- Maximum flight height: 7200 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: 2 x Pratt & Whitney R-985 Wasp Junior SB (depending on version);
- Power: 2 x 450 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation