Lake Renegade. Specifications. A photo.
Lake Renegade - small-engine amphibious aircraft designed and manufactured by the American aircraft manufacturer «Lake Aircraft» to 1982 years.
A photoLake Renegade
Design amphibian Lake Renegade made on the basis of demand in this type of aircraft, allowing to carry on its board a small number of people, or the equivalent amount of cargo. The basis of the development models Lake Renegade was taken another model - Lake Buccaneer, which has become a popular amphibian through its flight performance and low price.
His first flight of the aircraft took place in Lake Renegade 1982, after which the model came into production, which was on for quite a lot of time, mainly due to the high popularity among customers.
Lake Renegadea photo
Compared with the prototype model of the predecessor aircraft Lake Renegade had a lengthened fuselage, which allowed to place on board the aircraft more and more people, the plane could have overcome much greater distance, and in addition, have an increased take-off weight, which enables transport of even large cargoes. The design of the airplane fuselage Lake Renegade, by and large, has not changed - the exception was the only power plant, located at a greater distance from the bottom of the aircraft.
On board the plane Lake Renegade can accommodate up to 6 people, including five passengers and one crew member. In addition, the aircraft of this model is also adapted for the carriage of goods total weight, including the weight of the pilot and also to 544 kilos.
As the power plant on Lake Renegade plane uses a single piston aircraft engine Lycoming IO-540-C4B5, able to ensure the development of the capacity to 250 horsepower, which is enough for a maximum speed of flight in 258 km \ h. (depending on version). In addition, powerful propulsion system of an aircraft, overcomes the distance to 1668 km., Which makes it possible to operate the amphibious aircraft for commercial purposes.
Over the entire period of production it was released 4 different versions of the aircraft:
- Lake LA-250 Renegade - Main production version of the amphibian;
- Lake LA-250 Seawolf - The military version, equipped with radar;
- Lake LA-270 Turbo Renegade - A modified version, equipped with a turbocharged aircraft engine Lycoming TIO-540-AA1AD capacity 270 hp .;
- Lake LA-270 Seafury - Turbo version of the military aircraft.
Specifications Lake Renegade.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger: 5 people (depending on version);
- aircraft Length: 8,64 m .;
- Wingspan: 11,58 m .;
- Plane Height: 3,05 m .;
- Weight of empty aircraft: 839 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 544 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 1383 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 250 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 258 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 1668 km .;
- Maximum flight height: 4480 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: Lycoming IO-540-C4B5 (depending on version);
- Power: 250 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation