Lake Buccaneer. Specifications. A photo.
Lake Buccaneer - American four-light amphibious aircraft, manufactured by «Lake Aircraft».
A photoLake Buccaneer
The development of an amphibious aircraft Lake Buccaneer started in 50-ies of the last century, at the same time, the American aeronautical engineer took as a basis the earlier model Colonial C-1 SkimmerAdapting it to modern requirements for the aircraft small aircraft. Among the major improvements should be noted increased passenger capacity, increased maximum takeoff weight, more powerful propulsion system, and some changes in the fuselage structure.
Lake Buccaneer Photos
The first airplane flight Lake Buccaneer held in 1952 year, while already since the first launch, the aircraft has come to enjoy great popularity among direct customers, as indicated mainly a large number of output - more than a thousand aircraft of this model were built for the entire production period, while as the previous model, the rate was extremely low.
On board the amphibian can accommodate up to four people, including one member of the crew and three passengers, with, of course the aircraft is capable of air travel over distances up to 1328 kilometers, which in turn attracted the operation of aircraft for commercial purposes, although in a very slight extent. In addition, the aircraft Lake Buccaneer model is capable of, and also the transport of small goods total weight, taking into account the weight of the pilot, to 515 kg, which also found extensive use among the owners of the aircraft.
The power plant of the aircraft Lake Buccaneer presented piston aircraft engine Avco Lycoming IO-360-B1A developing capacity in 200 hp, which in turn allows the aircraft to accelerate to cruising speed in 241 km \ h (maximum airspeed Lake Buccaneer is 255 km \ h ).. The power plant is reliable in terms of its operation and non-problematic in terms of maintenance.
Issue aircraft Lake Buccaneer was made in two basic versions, differing only in models of power plants, which ultimately did not affect the flight performance of the aircraft.
- Lake Buccaneer LA-4-200 - Main production version, equipped with aircraft engine Lycoming IO-360 A1B;
- Lake Buccaneer LA-4-200-EP - Modification of the model is equipped with a piston engine Lycoming IO-360 A1B6, which is more reliable in the technical manual.
Specifications Lake Buccaneer.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger: 3 person;
- aircraft Length: 7,6 m .;
- Wingspan: 11,58 m .;
- Plane Height: 2,84 m .;
- Weight of empty aircraft: 705 kg .;
- Payload: 515 kg .;
- Maximum takeoff weight: 1220 kg .;
- Cruising speed: 241 km \ h .;
- Maximum flight speed: 255 km \ h .;
- Maximum flight distance: 1328 km .;
- Maximum flight height: 4480 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: Avco Lycoming IO-360-B1A (depending on version);
- Power: 200 hp
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation