Koolhoven FK41. Specifications. A photo.
Koolhoven FK41 - light multipurpose aircraft designed in 1928, the Dutch aircraft manufacturer «NV Koolhoven Aeroplanes», and subsequently manufactured by the British company «Desoutter Aircraft Company».
A photoKoolhoven FK41
Aviarazrabotchiki from Denmark began to develop a light multipurpose aircraft model ship Koolhoven FK41 in the first half 20-ies of the last century. This is due mainly been the need to output to the European market of small aircraft capable of used for transporting people and small loads. Because the design Koolhoven FK41 aircraft conducted virtually at the dawn of aircraft design era aviarazrabotchiki thought that this project has little prospect in view of what subsequently aircraft production took up British aircraft manufacturers, who have achieved a sufficiently high popularization of this model, however, after the immediate improvement of the design and technical characteristics of the aircraft.
The aircraft Koolhoven FK41, despite its rather small size, has a very low maneuverability, which is primarily due to poor aerodynamic shape, and this, in turn, does not allow the aircraft to accelerate to high flight speeds. However, for the entire period of production, including the production of aircraft, as the Danish aircraft manufacturers, as well as British, 47 aircraft of this model (including several modified versions) was built, however, so far we only know of the existence of a number of aircraft of this model.
Koolhoven FK41 photo
On board the aircraft machine model Koolhoven FK41 can accommodate up to three people - a pilot and two passengers, at the same time, the aircraft can also be adapted and for transportation of various kinds of goods, however, given the fact that the maximum take-off weight of the aircraft Koolhoven FK41 is only only 836 kg, and taking into account its own weight of the pilot, the maximum payload mass to take on board may not exceed 220 kg, as a consequence, the aircraft operation in this regard is limited.
The power plant of the aircraft Koolhoven FK41 model vehicle represented by a single piston engine aircraft marks de Havilland Gipsy III, which is capable of pulling power in 120 hp Nevertheless, quite a powerful propulsion system and a relatively lightweight design does not allow the aircraft to reach speeds of more than 200 km \ h. (Maximum rate of movement of the aircraft), while the maximum flight range of the model aircraft is 800 kilometers, which is quite acceptable.
The following options are aircraft Koolhoven FK41:
- Koolhoven FK41- The basic version of the aircraft;
- Desoutter I - A modernized version of the aircraft, manufactured by the British company «Desoutter Aircraft Company»;
- Desoutter II - An improved version of the aircraft, produced «Desoutter Aircraft Company».
Specifications Koolhoven FK41.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger: 2 person;
- aircraft Length: 7,9 m (depending on version).
- Wingspan: 10,9 m (depending on version).
- Plane Height: 2,15 m .;
- Weight of empty aircraft: 536 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 300 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 836 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 160 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 200 km \ h .;
- Maximum flight distance: 800 km .;
- Maximum flight height: 5200 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: de Havilland Gipsy III (depending on version);
- Power: 120 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation