IAI Westwind. Specifications. A photo.
IAI Westwind - administrative-type aircraft developed in 60-ies Israeli aircraft manufacturers of the company «Israel Aircraft Industries».
A photoIAI Westwind
Work on the design of the aircraft IAI Westwind began in 1960 year, and, initially, this model of aircraft was intended for use in the sector of passenger transport, as evidenced by the corresponding flight performance of the aircraft, however, since 1980 years, the aircraft was almost completely translated into the category of Aircraft Business Aviation, where he continues to use to this day.
Taking into account during the development of the aircraft IAI Westwind, the aircraft has a modern design, and in fact, to 80-ies, the aircraft was considered a first-class aircraft, capable of carrying on its board of both passengers and cargo. Moreover, in addition to civil aviation plane model IAI Westwind also gained some popularity in the Air Force, where it was used mainly for the transportation of the supreme command of the forces, even though his operation in this area has been very limited.
IAI Westwind Photo
Depending on the layout, on board the aircraft IAI Westwind can accommodate up to 12 people - two pilots and ten passengers, which is quite acceptable especially considering the fairly low cost of the aircraft. The maximum range of the aircraft follow, depending on the modification, limited 4430 kilometers, effectively, and in fact, can be used in virtually any corner of the planet for both regional and international air travel.
Depending on the aircraft, it uses the power plant, consisting of spirit turbofan aircraft engine model Garrett TFE731-3-1G, each of which is capable of thrust 16,46 kN, which provides aircraft and high load capacity and high speed of the air travel reaching values 868 km \ h.
Depending on the manufacturer, but release IAI Westwind aircraft engaged in such companies as «Israel Aircraft Industries» and «Aero Commander», to distinguish between the following versions of the aircraft:
- IAI 1121 Jet Commander - The original production version of the airplane, equipped with two motors General Electric CJ610-1 developing total thrust 25,4 kN;
- IAI 1121A - An upgraded version of 1967 years;
- IAI 1121B Commodore - Modification of the engines equipped with two General Electric CJ610-5;
- IAI 1121S - Unit-modified version of the prototype;
- IAI 1122 - An improved version of the aircraft. The production version of the run was not;
- IAI 1123 Westwind - Improved modification IAI 1121 Jet Commander;
- IAI 1124 Westwind - An enhanced version of the aircraft with minor technical improvements;
- IAI 1124 Westwind I - Analogue version IAI 1124 Westwind;
- IAI 1124N Sea Scan - A special version for the Israeli navy;
- IAI 1124A Westwind II - Improved modification of aircraft.
Specifications IAI Westwind.
- Crew: 2 person;
- Passenger: 10 people (depending on version);
- aircraft Length: 15,93 m (depending on version).
- Wingspan: 13,66 m (depending on version).
- Plane Height: 4,8 m .;
- Weight of empty aircraft: 6010 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 4650 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 10660 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 723 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 868 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 4430 km .;
- Maximum flight height: 13720 m .;
- aircraft engine type: turbofan;
- Powerplant: 2 × Garrett TFE731-3-1G (depending on version);
- Power: 2 × 16,46 kN. (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation