Howard DGA-8. Specifications. A photo.
Howard DGA-8 - easy-motor aircraft American-made, manufactured with 1936, the aircraft manufacturer «Howard».
A photoHoward DGA-8
The aircraft Howard DGA-8 refers to the pre-war era, and according to some sources working on the design of the aircraft started in the early 30-ies of the last century, although the aircraft made its first flight only 1936 year.
In the development of light aircraft Howard DGA-8 American aircraft builders guided by the principle of multiple use of the aircraft, particularly aircraft operated actively in civil aviation and the military, but not as a combat aircraft, but rather acting as a means of air transport.
The aerodynamic shape of the aircraft Howard DGA-8 provided aircraft high maneuverability that allows to maintain the aircraft and to the present day, however, due to limited serial production of built over 80 years ago, according to 2015 year were in operation all 7 only aircraft of this model.
Howard DGA-8 photo
On board the aircraft can accommodate up to 4 people - a pilot and three passengers, and, due to the fact that the maximum flight range of the aircraft is 1609 kilometers, the aircraft initially was used extensively in the commercial sphere to carry passenger traffic on routes of local and regional importance. In addition to the transport of persons, aircraft Howard DGA-8 is also suitable for transporting various types of goods, the total weight of up to 749 kilos, which also initially very actively used.
The driving force of the model aircraft Howard DGA-8 gives powerful piston aircraft engine propulsion system models presented Wright R-760, the ability to develop power 320 hp and disperse the aircraft to a speed of about 300 km \ h. Later, with the advent of modified versions of this model, on the plane began to be used, and more advanced power plants, developing more power and giving the plane a higher airspeed.
For a very short production cycle, the American aircraft manufacturers have created and presented the following versions of the aircraft:
- Howard DGA-8 - Main production version of the aircraft. Built 18 aircraft;
- Howard DGA-9 - An improved version, equipped with the engine Jacobs L-5 285 capacity hp .;
- Howard DGA-11 - A modified version of the engine with a Pratt & Whitney R-985 (450 hp);
- Howard DGA-12 - An improved version of the aircraft with minor technical changes;
- UC-70 - Improved modified version of the aircraft.
Specifications Howard DGA-8.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger: 3 person;
- aircraft Length: 7,75 m .;
- Wingspan: 11,6 m .;
- Plane Height: 2,57 m .;
- Weight of empty aircraft: 1111 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 749 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 1850 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 295 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 315 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 1609 km .;
- Maximum flight height: 7930 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: Pratt & Whitney R-985 (depending on version);
- Power: 450 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation