Howard DGA-15. Specifications. A photo.
Howard DGA-15 - American single-engine civilian aircraft manufactured by Aircraft Corporation «Howard Aircraft» according to 1939 1944 year.
Development of multi-purpose aircraft Howard DGA-15 1936 began in the year, with, in just three years of design, American design engineers have managed to create a new vehicle, which has found wide application, both in civil and military aviation.
A photoHoward DGA-15
For quite neprotyazhёnny period of production, and its first flight of the model aircraft is committed to 1939, after which, to 1944 years was in issue was built 520 airplanes of this model, which indicates a large demand for the aircraft.
Depending on version, on board a light aircraft Howard DGA-15 can accommodate up to 4 5 people (including also a pilot), which in turn allow the movement of people on the routes of local and regional importance. Moreover, thanks to increasingly take on board the payload, and the model Howard DGA-15 752, the figure is kilograms (depending on the version), the aircraft is also used extensively for various types of cargo transportation.
Howard DGA-15 photo
During World War II aircraft Howard DGA-15 actively used for transportation of various types of military cargo (ammunition, ammunition, etc.), while, thanks to twin-control system, the aircraft is also suitable for training military pilots .
With powerful powerplant used in the model of Howard DGA-15 (radial engine Pratt & Whitney R-985), the plane could develop traction in 450 hp, which in turn ensures a high flight speed is about 325 km \ h . (maximum speed). Aircraft engine used in the aircraft, characterized by high productivity and reliability, moreover, is adapted to high both positive and negative accelerations.
In the period of 1939 1944 year it introduced several military and civilian modified variants of the aircraft:
- Howard DGA-15J - Version with engine Jacobs L6MB (330 hp);
- Howard DGA-15P - Main production version, equipped with a radial engine Pratt & Whitney R-985;
- Howard DGA-15W - Modification to the engine Wright Whirlwind J6-7 (350 hp);
- Howard GH-1 - Special military version for the Navy and the US Air Force;
- Howard GH-2 Nightingale - Military Medical version of the aircraft;
- Howard GH-3 - Improved military version of Howard GH-1;
- Howard NH-1 - Military training and a training version of the aircraft;
- Howard UC-70 - Passenger version developed by request of the US Air Force;
- Howard UC-70B - The military version version Howard DGA-15J.
Specifications Howard DGA-15.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger: 4 people (depending on version);
- aircraft Length: 7,82 m .;
- Wingspan: 11,58 m .;
- Plane Height: 2,57 m .;
- Weight of empty aircraft: 1225 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 752 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 1977 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 300 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 325 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 2028 km .;
- Maximum flight height: 6555 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: Pratt & Whitney R-985 (depending on version);
- Power: 450 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation