Helios Prototype. Specifications. A photo.
Helios Prototype - American unmanned aerial vehicle developed in 1999, the company «AeroVironment».
Design of unmanned aerial Helios Prototype model of the device has been deployed by US experts in the field of aerospace systems and aerospace technology in the first half 90-ies of the last century. The new device is intended for research and from its very beginning was not intended for serial or mass production.
Unmanned aerial vehicle model Helios Prototype was designed on the basis of such drones as the NASA Pathfinder, NASA Pathfinder Plus and NASA Centurion, who managed an excellent way to establish itself, however, due to low efficiency, is widely spread is not received.
The first flight of unmanned Helios Prototype was held in September 1999 years and due to the fact that the drone has successfully passed all the necessary tests, work on the improvement of the project were continued. Unfortunately, in the year 2003, drone Helios Prototype appeared destroyed, however, the project has not been closed, since it was the prospect of quite significant.
Depending on their modification, drone Helios Prototype is equipped with either 10, 14 or electric motors, traction power of each of which is 2 hp, which allows to carry out drone flights at a speed about 45 km \ h. (Maximum speed).
According to 2015 years, there are two main versions of this UAV:
- Helios Prototype HP01 - Basic version of the drone, equipped 14 electric motors;
- Helios Prototype HP02 - A modernized version of the UAV, which has increased the length of the fuselage and having 10 electric motors.
Specifications Helios Prototype.
- Length: 3,6 m (depending on version).
- Wingspan: 75,3 m .;
- Height: 2,4 m .;
- Maximum takeoff weight: 600 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising flight speed: 35 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 45 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: unknown;
- Maximum flight height: 29500 m (depending on version).
- aircraft engine type: Electric;
- Powerplant: unknown;
- Power: 10 x 2 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation