Helio Courier. Specifications. A photo.
Helio Courier - single-engine light aircraft short takeoff and landing, developed and manufactured by the American aircraft manufacturer «Helio Aircraft Company» from the 1954 1974 of the year.
Helio Courier photo
Work on the development of the aircraft model Helio Courier began almost immediately after the Second World War, thus, before the American aircraft manufacturers had a task to create a multipurpose aircraft capable ekspluatirvoatsya both private owners and in the commercial sector, including passenger and transporting various kinds of cargo.
His first flight of the prototype of the future aircraft Helio Courier for April 1949 year, however, technically and structurally, the aircraft was very imperfect, as a consequence, the aircraft was directed to technical improvement and revision, which was still within 5 years until 1954 He was not entered into production, where he was for two decades.
A photoHelio Courier
Thanks to a qualified approach to the creation of the aircraft, the aircraft proved to be very popular in the US and outside the country, and, the aircraft was operated not only to work in the field of civil aviation, but also actively used in the Air Force of several countries (USA Canada, France, and others.).
Depending on the version of the aircraft, on board the aircraft can accommodate up to six people, including also a pilot, and, because of the maximum flight distance 1760 kilometers, the plane was actively used to perform flights on domestic and regional routes. The high load capacity of the aircraft was also the basis for the transportation of all kinds of goods total weight up to 600 kg, however, due to the limited size, the plane could only be used either as a passenger aircraft, or as a vehicle.
With the use of the power plant in the form of a piston engine Lycoming GO-480-G1D6 capacity 295 hp, the aircraft of the current model could reach a maximum speed of flight in 288 km \ h., Which in turn is largely superior aircraft of this type other American and European aircraft manufacturers.
For 20-year cycle of mass production, American engineers has created far more than one modification of the aircraft, in particular, we are talking about:
- Koppen-Bollinger Helioplane - Initial prototype model Helio Courier, later renamed to its present name;
- Helioplane Four - Quadruple aircraft;
- Helioplane Two - Double cargo and passenger aircraft;
- Hi-Vision Courier - Transport version of the aircraft;
- Helio Courier H-291 - A prototype of the main production version of the airplane;
- Helio H-295 Super Courier - Modification of the piston powerplant equipped models Lycoming GO-480-G1D6;
- Helio HT-295 Super Courier (Trigear Courier) - A modified version of the system with a modified chassis;
- Helio H-250 Courier - Version with a lightweight fuselage and more powerful powerplant Lycoming O-540-A1A5;
- Helio H-391 Courier - A prototype equipped with a motor Lycoming GO-435-C2;
- Helio H-391B Courier - Production version used a piston aircraft engine Lycoming GO-435-C2;
- Helio H-392 Strato Courier - Modified version with increased maximum height of flight. It operated mostly air force for aerofotograficheskih works;
- Helio H-395 Super Courier - An improved version of Helio H-391B Courier, equipped Lycoming GO-480-G1D6;
- Helio H-395A Courier - Modification version Helio H-395 Super Courier;
- Helio H-500 Twin Courier - Twin-engine version is developed based on the modification of Helio H-395 Super Courier, specifically for the CIA;
- Helio H-550 Stallion - Turboprop aircraft variant;
- Helio H-580 Twin Courier - Two-engine version of the aircraft with a maximum take-off weight increased;
- Helio H-634 twin Stallion - On the basis of a modified version of Helio H-550 Stallion, equipped with two turboprop engines Allison C250;
- Helio H-700 Courier - A revised version of Helio H-295 Super Courier / made minor technical improvements;
- Helio H-800 Courier - A modified version of Helio H-700 Courier, with a piston engine Lycoming IO-720-A1B.
Among other things, the release was carried out and special military planes variants of this model:
- Helio L-24 Courier;
- Helio L-28 Courier;
- U-5 Twin Courier;
- U-10 Courier;
- U-24 Stallion.
During the entire production period were built more than 500 airplanes of this model, of which, to date, remained in operation about 180 units.
Specifications Helio Courier.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger: 5 people (depending on version);
- aircraft Length: 9,35 m (depending on version).
- Wingspan: 11,9 m (depending on version).
- Plane Height: 2,7 m (depending on version).
- Weight of empty aircraft: 1036 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 600 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 1636 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 250 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 288 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 1760 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 6250 m (depending on version).
- aircraft engine type: a piston (depending on version);
- Powerplant: Lycoming GO-480-G1D6 (depending on version);
- Power: 295 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation