Grumman Gulfstream II. Characteristics. Photo.
Grumman Gulfstream II - American twin-engine business class aircraft manufactured aircraft manufacturer Gulfstream Aerospace.
Photo Grumman Gulfstream II
The first development aircraft Grumman Gulfstream II steel conducted in mid-60-ies, at the same time in the design process took two jet aircraft aircraft manufacturer Gulfstream Aerospace Grumman and participation. His first flight of the aircraft Grumman Gulfstream II made in 1966, after which, after about six months, in 1967, was certified and entered into mass production.
Grumman Gulfstream II photo
Design Grumman Gulfstream II was carried out partly on the basis of already existing models Grumman Gulfstream I, Which appeared a few years earlier, and became quite popular among the owners. Nevertheless, the American aeronautical engineer several altered the design of the aircraft, installed on it modern means of avionics, a new powerplant, upgraded existing passenger compartment as a result, new aircraft became a separate model has operated for almost 50 years.
On board the aircraft Grumman Gulfstream II vessel can accommodate up to 19 people, while, thanks to the produced redevelopment of the passenger compartment, even long flight is not scaring people no sense of discomfort.
The passenger compartmentGrumman Gulfstream II
Powerplant Grumman Gulfstream II is represented by two turbofan aircraft engines Rolls-Royce Spey 511-8, each of which is capable of pulling force in kN 51, which in turn allows you to overcome the distance in 6635 kilometers at a maximum speed of flight in 936 km \ h. Among other things, the power plant is a very reliable and inexpensive to maintain, in connection with which the aircraft Grumman Gulfstream II operation is not expensive.
One of the negative aspects of aircraft Grumman Gulfstream II is a small agility that often led to complaints by pilots, but in a number of subsequent versions, thanks to the modification of the shape of the wing, managed to minimize the disadvantages.
In addition to basic production model for aircraft plant Gulfstream Aerospace is also available, and a few additional modifications:
- Grumman Gulfstream II TT - a modified version of the basic production model with a modified interior and new fairings. Technical changes in version is not received;
- Grumman Gulfstream IIB - upgraded version with a modified form of the wing and winglets installed. Production is carried out for the year 1981 1994 year;
- Grumman Gulfstream IISP - an improved version of modified Grumman Gulfstream IIB with new winglets, modern means of avionics and a modified design of the passenger compartment;
- Grumman Gulfstream VC-11A - a special version developed by aircraft designers as a business class aircraft for the US Coast Guard.
Among other things, also released a special version of the aircraft of this model at NASA order, the US Air Force, the US Defence Department, etc. Most of the data about these models and top secret at the moment.
Specifications Grumman Gulfstream II.
- Crew: 2 person;
- Passenger: 19 people (depending on version);
- aircraft Length: 24,36 m .;
- Wingspan: 20,98 m (depending on version).
- Plane Height: 7,47 m .;
- Weight of empty aircraft: 16576 kg .;
- Payload: 13145 kg .;
- Maximum takeoff weight: 29711 kg .;
- Cruising speed: 778 km \ h .;
- The maximum speed of flight: 936 km \ h .;
- Maximum flight distance: 6635 km .;
- Maximum flight height: 13715 m .;
- aircraft engine type: turbofan;
- Powerplant: 2 × Rolls-Royce Spey 511-8;
- Link: 2 × 51 kN.
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation