Grumman American AA-5. Specifications. A photo.
Grumman American AA-5 - US small-engine four-seater plane, manufactured in the period from 1971 2006 on year.
His first flight of easy-motor aircraft Grumman American AA-5 committed 21 August 1971 years, thus, the development of the aircraft has taken the American aircraft manufacturers for several years, and, this was due mainly to the need for further improvements, both technical and in the constructive plane.
A photoGrumman American AA-5
Unlike previous versions of the aircraft Grumman American AA-5 was designed to carry four people (including also a pilot), allowing to operate the aircraft not only in schools for training future pilots and private owners, but also by air carriers operating on neprotyazhёnnyh air routes, do any feeder flights.
As the power plant on the plane model Grumman American AA-5 used four-cylinder piston aircraft engine Lycoming O-320-E2G capacity of 150 hp, which allowed to disperse the aircraft to speeds in 252 km \ h (maximum flight speed), while , aircraft engine has been very reliable in operational terms and is not in need of costly maintenance, which is one of the reasons for the popularity of the aircraft.
Grumman American AA-5 photo
According to its flight performance, the aircraft Grumman American AA-5 hardly inferior light-engine aircraft of the more famous American aircraft manufacturers, in particular Piper, Cessna and Beechcraft.
In 1975, the US aircraft manufacturer introduced the modification of Grumman American AA-5A Cheetah, has a more powerful powerplant, somewhat transformed design, as well as a number of more minor technical and design changes. Since 1975 2006 years 900 on aircraft of this version were built.
CabinGrumman American AA-5
Modification Grumman American AA-5B Tiger, presented to the public in 1974 year, became the most popular series in the AA-5 aircraft. The main feature of this version is the powerful (180 hp) aircraft engine, increased airspeed and increased maximum takeoff weight. During the entire production cycle 1323 units were built.
Modification Grumman American AA-5C was never put into production due to technical problems made during the development of the aircraft.
In 1990 year was a version of Grumman American AG-5B Tiger, is an improved version of the AA-5B Tiger, with a range of some minor changes.
Specifications Grumman American AA-5.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger: 3 person;
- aircraft Length: 6,7 m (depending on version).
- Wingspan: 9,6 m (depending on version).
- Plane Height: 2,4 m .;
- Weight of empty aircraft: 680 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 410 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 1090 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 241 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 265 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 1270 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 4200 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: Lycoming O-360-A4K (depending on version);
- Power: 180 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation