Grumman American AA-1. Specifications. A photo.
Grumman American AA-1 - lightweight double American-made single-engine plane.
The first attempts to develop small-engine aircraft Grumman American AA-1 began in 60-ies of the last century, and, despite the fact that in fact, the aircraft was first presented to the public in the 1962 year, the production of the current version has been launched only in 1968 year.
A photoGrumman American AA-1
The main reason for the long design aircraft Grumman American AA-1 was a need to establish a multi-purpose aircraft, suitable for use as the private owners, and the military departments of the country. The first prototypes did not meet all the requirements, which is why the final version of the aircraft appeared only after several revisions of the model.
On board of small-aircraft Grumman American AA-1 2 can accommodate up to people, including the pilot, and also, at the same time, the aircraft is suitable for training future pilots as aircraft control is paired.
Grumman American AA-1 photo
It is necessary to clarify that initially anticipated that the model Grumman American AA-1 will quadruple, however, due to the significant appreciation of the production of the aircraft, it was decided to abandon the expectation that a small number taken on board people compensated relevance in the Air Force United States and schools for training pilots.
As the power plant on the aircraft Grumman American AA-1 used reciprocating four-cylinder Lycoming O-235-C2C, develops power in 108 hp and is able to accelerate the aircraft to a top speed of 314 km \ h. (depending on version).
AircraftGrumman American AA-1
Version Grumman American AA-1 Yankee is the basic version of the series aircraft, however, in addition to it, the US aircraft manufacturer is also carried out and the production of other versions, which are the main modifications.
- Grumman American AA-1A Trainer - Training version with dual controls and the presence of a minimum of controls;
- Grumman American AA-1B Trainer \ Tr-2 - Analogue version AA-1A Trainer with an increased maximum weight vzlёtnym;
- Grumman American AA-1C T-Cat \ Lynx - Modification equipped improved power plant with a capacity of 115 hp
Aircraft Grumman American AA-1 is considered one of the safest (among small-engine planes) around the world.
Specifications Grumman American AA-1.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger: 1 people;
- aircraft Length: 5,87 m (depending on version).
- Wingspan: 7,46 m (depending on version).
- Plane Height: 2,07 m .;
- Weight of empty aircraft: 461 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 219 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 680 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 222 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 314 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 785 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 4190 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: Lycoming O-235-C2C (depending on version);
- Power: 108 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation