Globe Swift. Specifications. A photo.
Globe Swift - lightweight two-seater sports aircraft manufactured by American aircraft company «Globe Aircraft».
A photoGlobe Swift
Despite the fact that the first plane Globe Swift was unveiled in 1946 year, the first development of this aircraft began in the middle of 40-ies, thus, this easy-motor aircraft even had time for some information to take part in the Second World War, which is not quite able to prove itself, however, made some additions to the radical change of hostilities.
In the postwar period, blagoarya good aerodynamic fuselage structure, small size, powerful propulsion system and high maneuverability, the aircraft has been identified as a sport aircraft, which however, found much more popular in the private exploitation. The popularity of this aircraft is the fact that 1946 years of 1979 years managed to build more than a thousand airplanes of this model, of which, to date, to use only in the United States and Canada is about 926 aircrafts Globe Swift (according to on 2013 year.).
Globe Swift photo
Because of the small size of the aircraft, in the cabin can accommodate just two people, but it is perhaps the only one negative point, because in general, the plane is quite functional, which is why its production and was carried out over more than three decades. Subsequently, when the plane Globe Swift began publishing company TEMCO, aeronautical engineer improved the aircraft, in particular by extending the cockpit, and allowing transport and some of the cargo, in particular luggage people are still on board.
The power plant Globe Swift consists of one six-cylinder aircraft engine piston Continental C125 ability to develop traction in 125 hp Despite the fact that the engine is compared to modern aircraft can be considered a very low-power, the aircraft of this model can accelerate up to speed in 298 km \ h., And in addition, and overcome very impressive distances - maximum flight range of this model is 1852 kilometer.
In total, for the entire period of production aircraft Globe Swift is known about the existence of two versions of the aircraft, including:
- Globe GC-1A Swift - Version of the aircraft engine with a capacity of 85 hp .;
- Globe GC-1B Swift - A modified version of which is let to 1947 years.
Specifications Globe Swift.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger: 1 people;
- aircraft Length: 6,35 m .;
- Wingspan: 8,94 m .;
- Plane Height: 1,88 m .;
- Weight of empty aircraft: 621 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 155 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 776 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 226 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 298 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 1852 km .;
- Maximum flight height: 5500 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: Continental C125 (depending on version);
- Power: 125 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation