Globe KD2G Firefly. Specifications. A photo.
Globe KD2G Firefly - US military drone aircraft designed in 1946, the «Globe Aircraft Corporation» Corporation.
Design of unmanned air tool Globe KD2G Firefly started by American aircraft manufacturers and experts in the field of aerospace technology in the days of the Second World War. The new device is intended for use as a target drone, for training soldiers to destroy a potential enemy, in particular, the UAV Globe KD2G Firefly can be used as a means of simulating combat aircraft, which made it a very popular device.
The first flight tests Globe KD2G Firefly unmanned air vehicle model were conducted in 1946 year, however, the original device was not able to successfully complete them, which is why the work on improving the design and UAV systems were continued, however, during the second test, the drone was able to successfully complete all scheduled tests, as a consequence, began its serial production.
For his time, an unmanned aerial vehicle Globe KD2G Firefly has a fairly compact dimensions, in particular, at a length of the drone in 3 meters 73 cm, span of the device of the wings is only 3 meters 56 cm (depending on the modification of the drone) that provides a drone high maneuverability and quite good aerodynamic performance.
Powerplant UAV Globe KD2G Firefly represented by one pulse jet engine brand Solar PJ32-S-4, which allows the drone to accelerate to speed in 390 km \ h., While the maximum duration of the flight of this device is limited 26 minutes (depending on the UAV modification ).
Over the entire period of development and production, the American experts was created three different versions of the drones:
- Globe XKD2G-1 Firefly - A prototype of an unmanned aircraft equipment;
- Globe KD2G-1 Firefly - The basic production version of the drone;
- Globe KD2G-2 Firefly - Advanced UAV modification equipped with a modified powerplant.
Specifications Globe KD2G Firefly.
- Length: 3,73 m (depending on version).
- Wingspan: 3,56 m (depending on version).
- Height: 0,69 m (depending on version).
- Maximum takeoff weight: 145 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising flight speed: 250 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 390 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 150 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 2500 m .;
- aircraft engine Type: Jet;
- Power plant: Solar PJ32-S-4 (depending on version);
- Power: unknown.
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation