GAF Nomad. Specifications. A photo.
GAF Nomad - a twin-engine turboprop multipurpose aircraft short takeoff and landing, developed by Australian aircraft company «Government Aircraft Factories» in 1971 year.
A photoGAF Nomad
Initially, in the course of the design work on the creation of a multi-purpose aircraft GAF Nomad, Australian design engineers set out to create a fully adapted to military needs the aircraft, however, in the course of development, the experts concluded that the aircraft can also be actively exploited in civil aviation, in particular, to carry out air travel on local air routes for the transport of passengers or cargo transportation.
One of the major advantages of GAF Nomad aircraft is the ability of the takeoff and landing \ on the runway a small extent, which in turn was perfect for the Australian region, where the islands are relatively small area. Furthermore, this vehicle is also able to carry out the landing on water surface and, for that, it is installed on the float chassis.
GAF Nomad photos
Thanks used herein turboprop aircraft engines, the aircraft is capable of high-thrust, in particular, used to modify the GAF Nomad N22B turboprop aircraft engines Allison 250-B17C able to develop traction in 420 hp each, which in turn provides the aircraft, and high speed flight component, depending on the tolerance on board payload to 350 km \ h. (maximum speed of flight). Despite the fact that it uses turboprop powerplant difficulties in servicing the aircraft does not occur, which is also one of the reasons for the high popularity of the aircraft.
On board the plane GAF Nomad can be accommodated, depending on the version, up to 14 people (2 12 pilot and passengers), which in turn is suitable for aircraft in local and regional routes. In addition, the aircraft is able to take aboard up to 1705 kilogram payload, which in turn became one of the reasons for the operation of GAF Nomad as a transport aircraft.
Despite the fact that more aircraft intended for use in the Air Force, the most popular aircraft GAF Nomad was acquired in civil aviation, which continues to operate in the present.
Among the civilian and military versions of the aircraft of this model should be highlighted:
- GAF Nomad N.2 - Prototype aircraft written off immediately after the start of the aircraft into production;
- GAF Nomad N.22 - Main production version of the aircraft, initially exploit the Royal Australian Air Force;
- GAF Nomad N.22B - Modification of civil aircraft, designed to carry passengers 13;
- GAF Nomad N.22C - Cargo version of the plane to increase the maximum weight vzlёtnym;
- GAF Nomad N.22F Floatmaster - version of the aircraft with a standard float chassis;
- GAF Nomad N.24 - Freight enhanced version of the aircraft with the increased long fuselage;
- GAF Nomad N.24B - Modification of the unit, and do not launched into serial production;
- GAF Nomad GA18 - 18-spot modification of civil aircraft;
- GAF Nomad Missionmaster - Version of the military transport aircraft;
- GAF Nomad Searchmaster - The military version of a patrol aircraft;
- GAF Nomad N.22 Searchmaster B - The version designed for the Coast Guard;
- GAF Nomad N.22 Searchmaster L - Improved modification of GAF Nomad N.22 Searchmaster B;
- GAF Nomad N.22 Searchmaster LI - Version of the aircraft reconnaissance and patrol from the air;
- GAF Nomad N.22 Searchmaster LII - Improved version modification GAF Nomad N.22 Searchmaster LI.
During the period of 1975 1985 172 year it was built aircraft of this model.
Specifications GAF Nomad.
- Crew: 1-2 people (depending on version);
- Passenger: 12 people (depending on version);
- aircraft Length: 12,56 m (depending on version).
- Wingspan: 16,52 m (depending on version).
- Plane Height: 5,52 m (depending on version).
- Weight of empty aircraft: 2150 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 1705 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 2855 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 311 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 350 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 1074 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 6400 m .;
- aircraft engine Type: Turboprop;
- Powerplant: 2 × Allison 250-B17C (depending on version);
- Power: 2 × 420 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation