Funk B. Specifications. A photo.
Funk B - Double light-engine plane developed by the American aircraft manufacturer «Funk Aircraft Company» in 30 - 40-ies of the last century.
A photoFunk B
His first flight of the aircraft took place in 1933 year, however, in the mass production of the aircraft model entered Funk B only 1934. Despite its fairly compact size, the aircraft is a multi-purpose, in particular, the plane is able to implement not only the transportation of people and transportation of goods, used to perform observation and fly etc.
Funk B photo
One of the most negative aspects of this aircraft is relatively small maximum distance of flight, in particular, the plane is able to overcome a distance of about 563 kilometers, which in turn severely limits the scope and sphere of operation of the aircraft model Funk B. Later, with the launch of modified versions, the range of flight of the aircraft was slightly increased, however, despite the fact that the plane was allowed to place on its board of only two people, and was designed to neprotyazhёnnye air travel, for the manufacture of Funk B was 380 built aircraft, of which, according to 2012 year of operation was about 120 (in the United States and Canada).
The aircraft is designed to carry two people, which in turn greatly limited the applicability of the aircraft, including private use. Nevertheless, thanks to the strengthened fuselage, the plane could carry cargo transportation total mass of about 208 kilogram, taking into account the weight of the pilot, which in turn allows this aircraft to transport small cargo, mail, etc.
In addition to the civil sphere, the plane is also actively exploited in the Air Force, in particular, allow the aircraft to carry out aerial surveillance, patrol terrain, etc., and, mainly contributed to this fact. What is the maximum height of flight Funk B is 4572 meters, which is much more than the aircraft of the same type produced in 30-s of the last century.
Piston aircraft engine aircraft, depending on the version, could develop a draft from the 65 85 hp to that quite a bit, however, it contributed to the acceleration capabilities of the aircraft up to speed in 185 km \ h. (maximum speed of flight).
Among the modifications issued by US aircraft manufacturers of the aircraft can be identified:
- Funk B - The prototype and the main production version, equipped with a thrust power plant in 65 hp (used in the production version of the piston power plant with a capacity of 75 hp);
- Funk B-75-L - Improved modification of the pre-war sample, with the power plant Avco Lycoming GO-145-C2 (75 hp);
- Funk B-85-C Bee - Post-war version, with improved aerodynamic shape, increasing the maximum weight vzlёtnym reinforced fuselage and increased flight range and piston engine Continental C85-12 (85 hp);
- UC-92 - Military modification.
Specifications Funk B.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger: 1 people;
- aircraft Length: 6,12 m .;
- Wingspan: 10,68 m .;
- Plane Height: 1,85 m .;
- Weight of empty aircraft: 404 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 208 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 612 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 161 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 185 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 563 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 4572 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: Continental C85-12 (depending on version);
- Power: 85 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation