Ford Trimotor. Specifications. A photo.
Ford Trimotor - Utility trehmotorny American aircraft produced since 1926 years, initially as a pilot and later as a multi-purpose aircraft.
A photoFord Trimotor
Work on the creation of the aircraft began in Ford Trimotor 20-ies of the last century, at the same time, given the fairly rapid development of aviation in those days, experts sought to create a bench aircraft, capable of air travel with the possibility of transportation of passengers and cargo transport.
Its first flight Ford Trimotor made in June 1926 years, and, initially this aircraft was to create a kind of prototype of the American aircraft that subsequently, on the basis of this model it was possible to create a large share of success and other planes.
Ford Trimotor photo
Despite the fact that the plane Ford Trimotor has more than 90-year history of a little more than a hundred manufactured aircraft today are aware of the existence of 18 aircraft, most of which are naturally stored in the museums of the world, but at least four aircrafts are still used by their owners.
Experts do not exclude that in fact, Ford Trimotor plane could become quite a popular model, but because of the extremely high prices, not everyone could afford to buy the aircraft.
Depending on the configuration of the aircraft, on board can accommodate up to 11 people - 3 crew and 8 passengers or, in the case of aircraft to be used as a transport aircraft on board it could accommodate the load total weight up to 1645 kilos that taking into account the issuance of an aircraft, it was more than acceptable. The maximum range of a model of Ford Trimotor 918 kilometers, which also hosts the majority of customers, including US carriers involved in the transport of both people and cargo transportation.
Depending on the modification of the aircraft, it was used on three radial 9-cylinder aircraft engine, each of which was able to develop traction in 420 hp, which in turn provided the aircraft and a good load capacity, as well as a fairly high speed flight which was about 240 km \ h.
Over the entire period of production aircraft Ford Trimotor, it was built at least two dozen modified versions, including:
- Ford 3-AT Trimotor - The first prototype of a single plane;
- Ford 4-AT Trimotor - Pre-production version of the aircraft, aircraft engines equipped with three Wright J-4 Whirlwind total capacity of 600 hp .;
- Ford 4-AT-A Trimotor - Modification of the first production aircraft;
- Ford 4-AT-B Trimotor - Improved version with radial piston aircraft engines Wright J-5 Whirlwind (220 hp each);
- Ford 4-AT-C Trimotor - Modification to the power plant Pratt & Whitney Wasp, develop a common thrust 1200 hp .;
- Ford 4-AT-D Trimotor - Improved version with some technical modifications of a minor nature;
- Ford 4-AT-E Trimotor - Modification with three engines Wright J-6-9 Whirlwind, each of which is capable of power 300 hp .;
- Ford 4-AT-F Trimotor - Improved version of the unit modification Ford 4-AT-E Trimotor;
- Ford 5-AT-A Trimotor - Expanded modification to take on board up to 15 people - two pilots and 13 passengers;
- Ford 5-AT-B Trimotor - A modified version designed to carry passengers 17;
- Ford 5-AT-C Trimotor - Modification of the float equipped chassis;
- Ford 5-AT-D Trimotor- Version with increased maximum vzlёtnym weight modified powerplant (general thrust 1350 hp), and a number of minor technical changes to the structure of the aircraft;
- Ford 5-AT-DS Trimotor - Version with float landing gear;
- Ford 6-AT-A Trimotor - Improved modification version Ford 5-AT-A Trimotor;
- Ford 6-AT-AS Trimotor - Modification of the float landing gear;
- Ford 7-AT-A Trimotor - Analogue version of Ford 6-AT-A Trimotor;
- Ford 8-AT - Transport single-engine version of the plane, with the power plant capacity from 575 hp to 700 hp .;
- Ford 9-AT - An enhanced version of Ford 4-AT-B Trimotor;
- Ford 11-AT - An enhanced version of Ford 4-AT-E Trimotor, equipped with three dizalnymi aircraft engines;
- Ford 13-A - Twin-engine version of the aircraft;
- Ford 14-A - Extended cargo version of the plane, equipped with three-piston aircraft engines, the ability to develop traction in 1000 hp each and carrying on board to 40 passengers;
Among other things, the American company also implemented and the release of the military versions of the aircraft of this model:
- Ford XC-3 - Analogue Ford 4-AT-A Trimotor, with a reinforced fuselage;
- Ford C-3 - Analogue version of Ford XC-3, with some technical modifications to the requirements of the US Air Force;
- Ford C-3A - Military transport version of the aircraft;
- Ford C-4 - A modified version of the Ford C-3A;
- Ford C-4A - A modified version of the transport plane, equipped with three engines with a total capacity in 1350 hp The analogue version of the Ford 5-AT-D Trimotor;
- Ford C-4B - Improved modification of the Ford C-4A;
- Ford C-9 - Four-engine version of the aircraft;
- Ford XJR-1 - Modification of the unit for the US Navy;
- Ford JR-2 - Transport version developed by order of the US Navy;
- Ford JR-3 - Improved modification of Ford JR-2;
Later, the names of most of the military versions of the aircraft began to have new names, however, no change aircraft have not received.
Specifications Ford Trimotor.
- Crew: 3 people (depending on version);
- Passenger: 8 people (depending on version);
- aircraft Length: 15,2 m (depending on version).
- Wingspan: 22,6 m (depending on version).
- Plane Height: 3,6 m (depending on version).
- Weight of empty aircraft: 2950 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 1645 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 4595 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 175 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 213 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 918 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 5670 m (depending on version).
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: 3 × Wright J-6-9 Whirlwind (depending on version);
- Power: 3 × 300 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation