Farman F.400. Specifications. A photo.
Farman F.400 - a multi-purpose single-French plane general-purpose, designed in 1934, the aircraft manufacturer «Avions Farman».
Farman F.400a photo
French aeronautical engineer embarked on the development of multi-purpose aircraft model Farman F.400 in 1930 year. The new aircraft was to be a multifunctional aircraft, able to be used in civil aviation and in the military sphere, which in fact, was to provide aircraft to the high demand and popularity among direct operators.
Through the use of a fairly large wingspan, the aircraft equipped with a very low-power power ustanvokoy, has good load capacity, however, this factor had a negative impact on those of the aircraft, as the maneuverability and handling. However, subsequently the negative aspects of the aircraft persists through the start of production of upgraded versions, which is why the high popularity of the aircraft survived.
In the civil aviation plane model Farman F.400 used for transportation of passengers and small cargo, while in the military sphere, in addition to the same destination, the aircraft was used as a patrol and observation means, with far unsuccessfully.
The first aircraft Farman F.400 flight took place in the year 1934, and the fact that the necessary tests that the aircraft have been successfully completed, the aircraft arrived quickly into production, which was up to 1938 years - for the entire period of release of French aircraft manufacturers have been built 118 copies of this aircraft model.
The cabin Farman F.400 aircraft can accommodate up to three people - a pilot and two passengers that the aircraft completely satisfied that period. If necessary, the aircraft Farman F.400 could also be used for transporting small and bulky cargo, however, the maximum weight of cargo carried on board the aircraft could not exceed the weight in kilograms 400.
A photoFarman F.400
The power plant of the aircraft Farman F.400 model unit consists of a piston aircraft engine brand Lorraine-Dietrich 5Pb, whose power is 110 hp, which allows the aircraft to reach a maximum speed of 195 km \ h., As well as to overcome the distance in 1000 km, which is quite acceptable. With the advent of upgraded versions on Farman F.400 plane began to be established more efficient power plants, which increased the number of aircraft performance characteristics of the aircraft.
French aircraft manufacturers to issue the following modifications:
- Farman F.400 - Triple base variant of the aircraft;
- Farman F.402 - A modified version of the aircraft, aircraft engine equipped brand Lorraine 5Pb (120 hp);
- Farman F.403 - A modernized version of the aircraft equipped with engine Farman 7Ed (150 hp);
- Farman F.404 - An improved version of the version Farman F.403, equipped with a power plant with a capacity of Renault 4Pei 140 hp .;
- Farman F.405 - Modification of an engine equipped Lorraine 5Pb traction in 110 hp .;
- Farman F.406 - An improved version of the aircraft, aircraft engine equipped with the brand de Havilland Gipsy Major (125 hp).
Specifications Farman F.400.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger: 2 person;
- aircraft Length: 8,17 m (depending on version).
- Wingspan: 11,72 m (depending on version).
- Plane Height: 2,22 m (depending on version).
- Weight of empty aircraft: 680 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 470 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 1150 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 170 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 195 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 1000 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 4200 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: Lorraine-Dietrich 5Pb (depending on version);
- Power: 110 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation