Fairchild F-11 Husky. Specifications. A photo.
Fairchild F-11 Husky - a single-engine multipurpose aircraft short takeoff and landing, developed by the Canadian aircraft company «Fairchild Aircraft Ltd.».
A photoFairchild F-11 Husky
His first flight of the aircraft Fairchild F-11 Husky made in June 1946 years, but, in fact, the aircraft itself was developed by the Canadian aeronautical engineer even during the Second World War, and, should pay tribute to the aircraft itself was designed by a little more than a year, and despite the fact that the release of the aircraft was quite limited at the moment of 12 built aircraft, today known about the operation, at least, 5 aircraft.
The main reason for the airplane Fairchild F-11 Husky interested owners called it the possibility of multiple use, in particular, on board the model aircraft can accommodate up to 12 people - two crew members and 10 passengers, and, the aircraft is suitable for air travel on routes of local and regional air routes - repetition maximum range of 1050 kilometers. Among other things, the aircraft is also suitable for the transportation of a number of goods, the weight of which does not exceed 1250 kilogram, given the fact that the plane can land on limited areas of land or water, in some cases, some makes it indispensable.
Fairchild F-11 Husky photo
The basic version of the Fairchild F-11 Husky is equipped with a radial piston aircraft engine Pratt & Whitney Wasp Junior, capable of developing power 450 hp, however, in the future, Canadian aircraft manufacturers have agreed on the need to eliminate the use of it because of inappropriate expensive maintenance and low reliability, which is why, in the subsequent versions of the aircraft were used other piston power plants.
AircraftFairchild F-11 Husky (vintage photo)
Over the entire period of production aircraft Fairchild F-11 Husky was released 5 basic versions, which differ mostly from each other technical features - the design is virtually no aircraft has not changed.
- Fairchild F-11 Husky 1 - Basic production version of the aircraft, equipped with a piston aircraft engine;
- Fairchild F-11 Husky 2 - Modification to the improved powerplant piston type Alvis Leonides, the ability to develop traction in 550 hp .;
- Fairchild F-11 Husky 3 - A modified version of which release because of financial difficulties and low demand has been canceled. A distinctive feature is more powerful and productive power plant;
- Fairchild F-11 Husky 4 - Modification to the aircraft engine Pratt & Whitney R-1340. The production run was not;
- Fairchild F-11 Husky 5 - Design an improved version of the aircraft. The production does not start.
Specifications Fairchild F-11 Husky.
- Crew: 2 person;
- Passenger: 10 people;
- aircraft Length: 11,58 m .;
- Wingspan: 16,7 m .;
- Plane Height: 5 m .;
- Weight of empty aircraft: 2061 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 1253 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 3314 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 200 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 208 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 1050 km .;
- Maximum flight height: 4725 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: Pratt & Whitney Wasp Junior (depending on version);
- Power: 450 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation