Fairchild 24. Specifications. A photo.
Fairchild 24 - lightweight single-engine multipurpose aircraft, manufactured by the American aircraft manufacturer «Fairchild» according to 1932 1948 year.
A photoFairchild 24
Despite the fact that the plane model Fairchild 24 was designed by US aircraft manufacturers still in the pre-war period, the vehicle is officially recognized as one of the most popular among small-engine aircraft in the world - of 16-year period of production was built 2232 aircraft, most of of which is in operation to this day.
Initially aircraft Fairchild 24 was developed in connection with the broad needs of the citizens in an effective and inexpensive multi-purpose aircraft, suitable for passenger air travel and for the transport of small loads in mass. Himself plane developed by American aeronautical engineer for several years, and eventually became quite attractive in the above characteristics, and the flight-technical terms.
Fairchild 24 photo
On board the aircraft Fairchild 24 can accommodate up to three passengers, with, the plane is able to perform air travel only a very neprotyazhёnnyh distances - about 750 kilometers, depending on the version and the actual destination. However, the plane was actively used for passenger transportation services, as well as for transportation of goods up to a total weight of 500 kilos, which also proved to be very popular.
In addition to the civilian version of the aircraft, in production, in the period of the Second World War, it was also launched and the military version, intended mostly for transportation of goods, ammunition, etc. A distinctive feature of the military version is a reinforced fuselage, increased loading capacity, higher speed and flight range.
As the power plant, on the aircraft models used by Fairchild 24 piston aircraft engine, which, depending on the production period and modifications can develop motive power from the 95 200 to HP, which in turn provided the aircraft maximum airspeed to 200 km \ h. (using aircraft engine capacity of 200 hp).
AircraftFairchild 24 (Austria)
Civilian version of the aircraft Fairchild 24 divided into:
- Fairchild 24 C8 - The main version released in 1932 year, with a piston aircraft engine used by American Cirrus capacity 95 hp .;
- Fairchild 24 C8A - Improved modification to increase the maximum weight vzlёtnym and more productive powerplant Warner Scarab capacity 125 hp .;
- Fairchild 24 C8B - Modification of 1933 years, with aircraft engines Menasco, developing a thrust of 125 hp .;
- Fairchild 24 C8C - An improved version of 1934 years, maximum take-off weight in 1220 kg., With the power plant in Warner Super Scarab capacity 145 hp .;
- Fairchild 24 C8D - Version of 1935 years, with the used piston engine Fairchild Ranger (145 hp);
- Fairchild 24 C8E - Modification, with improved tail and a new aircraft engine Warner Super Scarab (145 hp);
- Fairchild 24 C8F - Improved modification of 1936 years. Use a reciprocating engine power in 145 hp .;
- Fairchild 24 G - Modification of 1937 years, a number of technical improvements;
- Fairchild 24 H - Used a version of the aircraft engine Fairchild ranger (150 hp);
- Fairchild 24 J - Modification to the increased length of the fuselage and the wingspan, increased payload and propulsion Warner Super Scarab (145 hp);
- Fairchild 24 K - Version of 1937 years, with an increased wingspan;
- Fairchild 24 R9 - Version equipped with a piston powerplant Fairchild Ranger capacity 165 hp .;
- Fairchild 24 W9 - Modification of 1939 years, with minor technical changes;
- Fairchild 24 R40 - Improved modification of 1940 years. Used aircraft engine capacity of 175 hp .;
- Fairchild 24 W40 - Modification 1940 hp .;
- Fairchild 24 W41 - An improved version of 1941 years, with a piston-type power plant with a capacity of 165 hp .;
- Fairchild 24 UC-61 - Analogue version of Fairchild 24 W41;
- Fairchild 24 UC-61A - Improved modification Fairchild 24 UC-61;
- Fairchild 24 UC-61K - Modification, which improved the analogue version of the Fairchild 24 R40, a power plant with a capacity of Fairchild Ranger 200 hp .;
- Fairchild 24 R46 - Version of 1946 years, is the first produced in the postwar period;
- Fairchild 24 W46 - An improved version of Fairchild 24 R46, with the power plant Warner Super Scarab thrust 165 hp
Among other things, the American aircraft manufacturers release was carried out and a number of military versions of the aircraft:
- Fairchild 24 UC-61 Argus;
- Fairchild 24 UC-61A Argus;
- Fairchild 24 UC-61B;
- Fairchild 24 UC-61C;
- Fairchild 24 UC-61D;
- Fairchild 24 UC-61E;
- Fairchild 24 UC-61F;
- Fairchild 24 UC-61G;
- Fairchild 24 UC-61H;
- Fairchild 24 UC-61J;
- Fairchild 24 UC-61K Forwarder;
- Fairchild 24 UC-86;
- Fairchild 24 GK-1;
- Fairchild 24 J2K-1;
- Fairchild 24 J2K-2;
- Fairchild 24 Argus I;
- Fairchild 24 Argus II;
- Fairchild 24 Argus III.
Specifications Fairchild 24.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger: 3 person;
- aircraft Length: 7,28 m (depending on version).
- Wingspan: 11,08 m (depending on version).
- Plane Height: 2,34 m (depending on version).
- Weight of empty aircraft: 822 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 485 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 1307 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 195 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 200 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 750 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 3900 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: Fairchild Ranger L-440-5 (depending on version);
- Power: 200 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation