Evangel 4500. Specifications. A photo.
Evangel 4500 - American twin-engine multipurpose light combi aircraft, manufactured by Aircraft Corporation «Evangel Aircraft Corporation» with 1969 years.
A photoEvangel 4500
Development of the aircraft Evangel 4500 started in 1961 year, with the main reason for which was initiated by the creation of this aircraft, was the fact that the US civil aviation needed a cheap undersized aircraft capable of performing takeoff and landing runway small extent, and able to take on board , both passengers and cargo.
Despite the fact that the very operation Evangel 4500 aircraft project almost was a disaster - for the entire production cycle was built only 8 aircrafts of this model (including two additional modified version), these aircraft still in use to this day.
Historical photosEvangel 4500 (1973)
On board the aircraft Evangel 4500 can accommodate one pilot and eight passengers, which in turn makes the aircraft is capable of operating on domestic passenger airlines. Maximum range of flight of the aircraft is limited 1126 kilometers, in addition, the aircraft is well suited for the transport of goods - maximum payload, to take on board this aircraft is 928 kilos, and, where appropriate, passenger seats installed in the cabin, can be be dismantled quickly enough, which increases the amount of free space.
The power plant of the aircraft Evangel 4500 consists of two six-cylinder piston engines Avco Lycoming IO-540-K1B5, each of which is capable of thrust 300 hp, allowing the aircraft is quite acceptable rate of displacement is about 370 km \ h. (maximum speed of flight).
Evangel 4500 photo
During the entire production cycle, the American aircraft manufacturers besides the basic version of the aircraft Evangel 4500, to issue and two modified versions differ mainly in a number of technical improvements:
- Evangel 4500-300 - Modification, equipped with retractable landing gear, greatly reducing drag during flight execution;
- Evangel 4500-300-II - An improved version of the small-engine aircraft equipped with the system turbronadduva reinforced fuselage and wing geometry formoizmenёnnoy.
Experts believe that the main reason for the low popularity of the aircraft Evangel 4500 its cost is high, and very mediocre reliability.
Specifications Evangel 4500.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger: 8 people;
- aircraft Length: 9,6 m .;
- Wingspan: 12,6 m .;
- Plane Height: 2,9 m .;
- Weight of empty aircraft: 1567 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 928 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 2495 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 282 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 370 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 1126 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 6410 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: 2 × Avco Lycoming IO-540-K1B5 (depending on version);
- Power: 2 × 300 hp
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation