Squadron "Lafayette» (2006)
Squadron "Lafayette»- Fighter Squadron Air Force in France during the First World War. Was formed mainly of American volunteer pilots in 1916 During the war, the squadron lost 51-th man and 159 hit by enemy aircraft. In February 1918, the squadron was transferred to the US Air Force with all the equipment and personnel. Until November 1918 squadrons of pilots destroyed more enemy aircraft 49. Talisman squadrons were two lion Whisky and Soda.
On the basis of the history of Squadron "Lafayette" was filmed two of the film of the same name: in 1958, dir. William A. Velman and 2006, dir. Tony Bill (original translation of "pilots"). Also in the television series "The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles" is an episode dedicated to the squadron "Lafayette."
The airplane had just been invented, but it has turned into a fighting machine. Young pilotsWho were the first fighters quickly became the new heroes.
With these words begins the film.
Hero James Franco ordinary American guy the beginning of the last century, he was not very lucky in life and lenders father took the family ranch. Determined that his soul belongs to heaven, the hero Franco enters the squadron of American volunteer pilots. After making an emergency landing, the main character meets a lovely Frenchwoman Lucien.
In the courtyard of the First World War and lifetime is from three to six weeks. Every new departure koto some of his comrades did not return home. So it was with Kesidi the best ace squadrons and older brother to every young pilot.
- If I do not come back, no matter where I will be buried. Bury me where it will be easier to you. I do not believe in God, and a memorial service I do not need, but if its absence will cause dissatisfaction Porter - I am ready to stand, and the funeral. Good luck to all. VivaloEskadril. There I met a single real friend.
"The film tells the story of the struggle for the sky during the First World War, friendship, honor in battle and of course about love. "
- Jenson flew throughout the war. Upon returning home, he was greeted as a hero. Skinner went into the US Army. He was not allowed to fly, he returned to America and became one of the first airline pilots the US Postal Service. Beagle stayed in Europe, he married an Italian, and opened his own circus air.
Rawlings went to Paris, but could not find Lucien. He returned to Texas and has built one of the largest ranch staff. That he never flew ...
With these words, the film ends. All pleasant viewing!
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation