Elmwood Christavia Mk I. Specifications. A photo.
Elmwood Christavia Mk I - a light single-engine aircraft, manufactured by the Canadian aircraft manufacturer «Elmwood Aircraft» with 1983 years.
A photoElmwood Christavia Mk I
The first work on the design of the aircraft model Elmwood Christavia Mk I began in 1981 year, thus, the aircraft repeatedly underwent changes and was originally supposed to be released as a four-seater aircraft, however, due to a number of technical features, Canadian aircraft manufacturers, it was decided to release the plane in as a two-seater version. However, despite this factor, the model Elmwood Christavia Mk I enjoyed very popular - for 19-year period, with 1983 on 2002 year, was built 350 aircraft of this, however, in the future, due to lack of effective demand, it was decided to suspend the release of the model aircraft.
ModificationElmwood Christavia Mk I
Aircraft Elmwood Christavia Mk I is equipped with a piston powerplant, which is a four-cylinder aircraft engine horizontal type Continental A-65, which develops power just 65 hp, however, due to the ease of the design of the aircraft and a good aerodynamic shape allows to reach a maximum flight speed 220 km \ h.
One of the most negative aspects of the aircraft model Elmwood Christavia Mk I is its extremely low flight distance is only 483 km, which satisfies all the conditions far from consumers, however, the decisive factor in the popularity of the aircraft of this model was the main aircraft price.
A photoElmwood Christavia Mk I
Salon plane Elmwood Christavia Mk I made large enough, however, because of the location of seats one behind the other, causing some limitations in the applicability of the aircraft, in particular, it is not suitable for the transport of goods, although useful to take on board a load of about 340 kg .
Subsequently, the model Elmwood Christavia Mk I came just two modifications, among which:
- Elmwood Christavia Mk II - Version with increased maximum range flight, reinforced fuselage and change the location of seats in the cabin, allowing to use the aircraft for the transport of small loads;
- Elmwood Christavia Mk IV - Quadruple modification, equipped with a more powerful (150 hp) piston aircraft engine.
Both of the presented modifications issued later as separate models, however, the greatest popularity has received basic version - as the experts say, mainly because of the low prices.
Specifications Elmwood Christavia Mk I.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger: 1 people (depending on version);
- aircraft Length: 6,4 m (depending on version).
- Wingspan: 9,9 m (depending on version).
- Plane Height: 2,15 m (depending on version).
- Weight of empty aircraft: 340 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 340 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 680 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 170 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 220 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 483 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 4260 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: Continental A-65 (depending on version);
- Power: 65 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation