Diamond DA42 Twin Star. Specifications. A photo.
Diamond DA42 Twin Star - Austrian twin-engine aircraft, manufactured by «Diamond Aircraft Industries».
A photoDiamond DA42 Twin Star
The first work on the design of the twin-engine aircraft Diamond DA42 Twin Star began in 2000-year, thus, the aircraft was not designed by Austrian engineers, designers and technologists on the images of previous models, and in fact, was designed from the outset.
His first flight of Diamond DA42 Twin Star makes 9 2002 year in December, however, the technical flaws in the construction led to the need to optimize the design of the aircraft, as a consequence, the certification of the aircraft took place in Europe only 2004 year, and the US - in 2005. The main reason for the development of this aircraft was the need to create a sufficiently powerful aircraft that can be used in private and commercial purposes (excursions, local airlines, air taxi services, etc.)
Diamond DA42 Twin Star Photo
Diesel Piston aircraft engines Austro, used here as a powerplant capable of developing cumulative traction in 340 hp, which in turn allows you to set high speed (the maximum speed of flight is 356 km \ h.) Smoothly overcome the distance to 1700 kilometers, as well as to take on board a large number (for this type of aircraft) payload.
Actual passenger aircraft Diamond DA42 Twin Star is 4 people - one pilot and three passengers, and. The aircraft is also able to carry out transport of goods and the total weight, including the weight of the pilot and also to 449 kg. However, for this purpose the aircraft is rarely used because of the necessity of interior conversion (dismantling of passenger seats).
CabinDiamond DA42 Twin Star
Plane Diamond DA42 Twin Star produced and continues to produce a few basic versions, including:
- Diamond DA42 Twin Star - Main production version, which became the base;
- Diamond DA42 M Twin Star - a special, a converted version of the aircraft;
- Diamond DA42 L360 Twin Star - A modified version, equipped with two piston aircraft engines Lycoming IO-360, each of which is capable of power 180 hp .;
- Diamond DA42 NG Twin Star - Version with a diesel power plant;
- Diamond DA42 MPP Twin Star - Special version for aerial photography area, carrying out search and rescue operations, patrolling, etc.
- Diamond DA42 MPP Centaur OPA - A special military version, the analog Diamond DA42 MPP Twin Star;
- Dominator II - Special version with increased maximum altitude and flight range;
- Diamond DA42-VI Twin Star - An improved version of the basic version of the base plane.
Since its inception, the plane has gained great popularity, both in the field of civil aviation and in the military sphere, thanks to its broad capabilities and high functionality, in this connection, the release of the model continues to this day.
Specifications Diamond DA42 Twin Star.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger: 3 people (depending on version);
- aircraft Length: 8,56 m .;
- Wingspan: 13,42 m .;
- Plane Height: 2,5 m .;
- Weight of empty aircraft: 1251 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 449 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 1700 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 320 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 356 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 1700 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 9040 m (depending on version).
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: 2 X Austro (depending on version);
- Power: 2 X 170 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation