Diamond DA40 Diamond Star. Specifications. A photo.
Diamond DA40 Diamond Star - light single-engine four-seater plane, manufactured by the Austrian aircraft manufacturer «Diamond Aircraft Industries».
Designing aircraft Diamond DA40 Diamond Star was conducted on the basis of other, far less popular models Diamond DA20, however, Austrian engineers have made the optimization of the design of the aircraft, allowing the aircraft was not only more powerful and reliable, but in fact different from the basic version to based on which it was designed.
Diamond DA40 Diamond Stara photo
His first flight of the aircraft Diamond DA40 Diamond Star made in early November 1997 year, while, the plane was able to not only meet the demands of the developers themselves, but also in fact become a popular aircraft, the operation of which is conducted in the present.
Despite the relatively high speed movement Diamond DA40 Diamond Star, the plane does not belong to the class of sports, and in fact is not intended to perform aerobatic stunts - blame is not sufficiently high maneuverability, although later versions were better suited for such purposes.
A photoDiamond DA40 Diamond Star
As the power plant on the plane Diamond DA40 Diamond Star has a single piston aircraft engine Textron Lycoming IO-360 M1A (depending on the current version and version), capable of pulling power in 180 hp The maximum flight range of this model is 1341 kilometer, depending on version and the version of the aircraft, and, the aircraft is capable of speeds in 310 km \ h. (maximum speed of flight).
On board the aircraft Diamond DA40 Diamond Star can accommodate up to 4-persons, in particular, three passengers and one pilot at the same time the aircraft partially operated in a commercial field of civil aviation (execution of excursion flights, passenger traffic on airlines of local importance, etc. .d.). Because of the design features of the aircraft operated for the transportation of goods he can not.
CabinDiamond DA40 Diamond Star
One of the most negative aspects of the aircraft Diamond DA40 Diamond Star is its rather high price, which, as of the end of the year was about 2014 450 thousand dollars, which is naturally not all satisfied customers.
Subsequently, on the basis of the main production version of the aircraft was established 6 modifications which differ from each other mainly in the flight-technical terms.
- Diamond DA40 D Diamond Star - Version is equipped with a diesel aircraft engine Thielert TAE 125-01, able to develop power in 135 hp .;
- Diamond DA40 F Diamond Star - Modification of the aircraft engine is equipped with Textron Lycoming O-360-A4M, in this version of the redesigned interior design of the aircraft;
- Diamond DA40 D Diamond Star - Modification introduced in 2010 year, equipped with a piston aircraft engine Austro Engine AE 300 170 capacity hp .;
- Diamond T-52 - Military training and a training version of the aircraft;
- Diamond DA40 XLT - Modification to the redesigned exterior and interior design, analogue Diamond DA40 F Diamond Star;
- Diamond DA40 Tundra Star - A modified version of a diesel power plant and reinforced chassis to perform takeoff and landing from unprepared sites.
Issue aircraft Diamond DA40 Diamond Star began in 1997 year continued into the present.
Specifications Diamond DA40 Diamond Star.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger: 3 person;
- aircraft Length: 8,1 m .;
- Wingspan: 11,9 m .;
- Plane Height: 1,98 m .;
- Weight of empty aircraft: 795 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 403 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 1198 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 279 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 310 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 1341 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 5000 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: Lycoming IO-360-M1A (depending on version);
- Power: 180 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation