Diamond DA20 \ DV20 Katana. Specifications. A photo.
Diamond DA20 \ DV20 Katana - single-engine light aircraft, manufactured by the Austrian aircraft manufacturer «Diamond Aircraft», as well as the Canadian aircraft manufacturer under license.
A photoDiamond DA20 \ DV20 Katana
The first attempts to develop aircraft Diamond DA20 \ DV20 Katana were taken in the early 90-ies of the last century, at the same time Austrian engineers have been able not only to offer an effective design for the aircraft, but in fact, make the aircraft promising in terms of flight performance.
For the first time in public the aircraft Diamond DA20 \ DV20 Katana appeared in 1993 year, when in fact, his first flight of the aircraft is performed in 1991, however, for some technical reasons, was sent back for revision, in particular, it noted that the main reason for this was unreliable controls.
Diamond DA20 \ DV20 Katana photo
Contrary to the expectations of experts, two aircraft became very popular, and, both among private owners, and among aviation schools, and even in the Air Force in some countries where the vehicle is used as a means of training future pilots.
In the cockpit Diamond DA20 \ DV20 Katana can only accommodate two people - the pilot and the passenger (cadet), while, in fact, the plane is not designed for long and extent of air travel, as well as for transportation of goods. Initially it was assumed that the plane will place three people on board that much more intensified attention to the customers, however, the final version was considered more effective.
Control PanelDiamond DA20 \ DV20 Katana
The maximum airspeed in 275 km \ h., Gives the aircraft propulsion system, consisting of a four-cylinder piston aircraft engine Continental IO-240-B3B, the ability to develop traction in 125 hp (depending on the version), enabling easy to overcome the distance to 1015 kilometers.
Over the entire period of production, and continuing for the moment, the Austrian aircraft manufacturers to issue 7 different versions of this model, including:
- Diamond DV20-A1 Katana - The first production version of the aircraft, powerplant equipped Rotax 912, 80 capacity hp .;
- Diamond DA20-A1 Katana - Canadian version produced under license. The analogue Diamond DV20-A1 Katana, except for minor changes to the design;
- Diamond DA20-100 Katana 100 - A reworked version, equipped with a piston aircraft engine type Rotax 912 100 power hp The model was designed for the European market;
- Diamond DA20-C1 Katana - Improved modification equipped aircraft engine Continental IO-240 125 capacity hp Version has undergone a number of technical changes and become more efficient in terms of its operation;
- Diamond DA20-C1 Katana Eclipse - Analogue version of Diamond DA20-C1 Katana except for some design elements;
- Diamond DA20-C1 Eclipse - Modification with dual controls. Operated for training future pilots;
- Diamond DA20-C1 Katana - An improved version of the training aircraft Diamond DA20-C1 Evolution;
- Diamond DA20-C1 Falcon - Military training and a training version of the aircraft, equipped with a piston aircraft engine Continental IO-240-B.
Specifications Diamond DA20 \ DV20 Katana.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger: 1 people;
- aircraft Length: 7,16 m .;
- Wingspan: 10,88 m .;
- Plane Height: 2,18 m .;
- Weight of empty aircraft: 528 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 272 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 800 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 256 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 275 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 1015 km .;
- Maximum flight height: 4000 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: Continental IO-240-B3B (depending on version);
- Power: 125 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation