DHC-7. Specifications. Photo.
DHC-7 is a Canadian regional airliner developed in 70-ies of the last century. The principal difference of passenger aircraft from other similar models is no need for the presence of an extended runway - to disperse the aircraft only requires about 670 meters, while on board can be located up to 40 passengers.
Initially, production of aircraft DHC-7 was due to the need to organize passenger traffic between remote population centers and major airports, with the first trials of the aircraft showed quite good results, with effective both in terms of passenger traffic, and in terms of performance.
The first flight took place on DHC-7 27 1975 year in March, and another three years later, in February 1978 years, the model aircraft entered into mass production. Aircraft DHC-7 operated mainly Canadian and US airlines, but subsequently the aircraft attracted the attention and the Air Force, resulting in the aircraft and began to operate as an air transport vehicles.
Aircraft DHC-7 equipped with four turboprop engines Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6A-50, 4480 total capacity in HP Because the aircraft are almost always used for flight distances not exceeding 700 kilometers, the aircraft cabin is equipped with simple enough, however, in turn, reduced the cost of passenger aircraft.
For 13-summer release of aircraft DHC-7, there were three main production series:
- DHC-7 Series 100;
- DHC-7 Series 110;
- DHC-7 Series 150.
Aircraft DHC-7 Series 100 available in two basic models - DHC-7-102 intended directly for the passenger traffic and aircraft modification DHC-7-103 - were intended for the carriage of goods.
Unlike Series 100, aircraft DHC-7 Series 110 were slightly changed to the new requirements of the Office of Civil Aviation Authority (CAA), however, a significant change in the new model did not undergo, except for the modified part of the cabin. Aircraft DHC-7 Series 110 as well as aircraft of the previous version is available in two basic models - airplanes DHC-7-110 intended for passenger transportation, and DHC-7-111 used for the carriage of goods.
Passenger aircraft DHC-7 Series 150 undergone profound technical modernization, making the range of flight of the aircraft was increased to 2110 kilometers, and in addition, an improved interior equipment, allowed to place on the board to 50 passengers.
- Air Greenland (Greenland);
- Pelita Air Service (Indonesia);
- Petroleum Air Services (Egypt);
- Voyageur Airways (Canada);
- Trans Capital Air (Canada);
- The US Air Force.
Technical characteristics of the aircraft DHC-7 (Dash 7)
- Crew: 2 person;
- Passenger capacity:
- DHC-7 Series 100: 40 people;
- DHC-7 Series 110: 40 people;
- DHC-7 Series 150: 50 people;
- aircraft Length: 24,58 m .;
- Wingspan: 28,34 m .;
- Maximum takeoff weight: 20 t .;
- Maximum flight distance:
- DHC-7 Series 100: 1240 km .;
- DHC-7 Series 110: 1240 km .;
- DHC-7 Series 150: 2110 km .;
- Maximum flight height: 6400 m .;
- Maximum flight speed: 436 km \ h .;
- Distance to accelerate on the runway: 670 m .;
- Type of aircraft engine: Turboprop;
- Powerplant: 4 × Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6A-50;
- Power plant: 4 × 1120 hp
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation