De Havilland DH 84 Dragon. Specifications. A photo.
De Havilland DH 84 Dragon - light multipurpose transport and passenger aircraft designed in 1932, the aircraft manufacturer «De Havilland Aircraft Company».
De Havilland DH 84 Dragon photo
The first development of multi-aircraft machine model De Havilland DH 84 Dragon began in late 20-ies of the last century, with the project of the aircraft was one of the first, allowing to carry out air travel for distances up to 900 kilometers, with the possibility of transport on its board a large number of passengers , which in turn is a promising and very promising for the future operators who needed such planes.
For its era, the aircraft De Havilland DH 84 Dragon had a good enough aerodynamic design that minimize fuel consumption, allowed to develop a large enough rate, etc. However, due to the fact that the aircraft design does not have high strength, the plane had a very low maneuverability, moreover, the main reasons of air crashes occurred with an aircraft of this model, was this factor.
The first flight of the aircraft model De Havilland DH 84 Dragon took place in 1932 year, and due to the fact that engineers are qualified to come to the design of the aircraft, the aircraft has successfully passed all required tests, which is why the project was sent to the serial production, where he was for a sufficiently long period, which is primarily due to high demand in this plane.
A photoDe Havilland DH 84 Dragon
Cab De Havilland DH 84 Dragon aircraft is designed to be carried on its board of seven people, including one pilot and six passengers, and, should the need arise, the aircraft of this model could also be employed for transporting various types of goods, however, the design features the plane was not allowed to take on board the overall loads.
In addition, the aircraft De Havilland DH 84 Dragon is also very actively used in the military sphere, but here it was more about training future pilots of transport aircraft and bombers.
Aircraft De Havilland DH 84 Dragon is equipped with a piston-type power plant, consisting of two engines of the brand de Havilland Gipsy Major, each of which had its own power in 130 hp, allowing the aircraft to develop a cruising speed of 190 km \ h. The maximum flight range of the aircraft of this model is 880 kilometers, which is quite acceptable.
AircraftDe Havilland DH 84 Dragon
The options aircrafts of this model:
- De Havilland DH 84 Dragon - Main production version of the aircraft;
- De Havilland DH 84 Dragon 1 - An upgraded version of the aircraft;
- De Havilland DH 84 Dragon 2 - An improved version of the aircraft De Havilland DH 84 Dragon.
Technical specifications De Havilland DH 84 Dragon.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger: 6 people;
- aircraft Length: 10,52 m (depending on version).
- Wingspan: 14,44 m (depending on version).
- Plane Height: 3,3 m .;
- Weight of empty aircraft: 1060 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 980 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 2040 kg .;
- Cruising speed: 190 km \ h .;
- Maximum flight speed: 205 km \ h .;
- Maximum flight distance: 880 km .;
- Maximum flight height: 4600 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: 2 x de Havilland Gipsy Major (depending on version);
- Power: 2 x 130 (depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation