Curtiss-Wright CW-15. Specifications. A photo.
Curtiss-Wright CW-15 - an easy four-plane, manufactured by «Curtiss-Wright» with 1931 years.
Development of the aircraft Curtiss-Wright CW-15 began American Aircraft company «Curtiss-Wright» at the end of 20-ies of the last century, at the same time, despite almost 100-year history of the aircraft, the plane is still operated by the owners.
The main reason for the popularity of the aircraft Curtiss-Wright CW-15 is the fact that, given the time of production of this model, the plane has a number of advanced features, including a large seating capacity (including private use of aircraft), high reliability, reasonable speed and distance displacement. In addition, the model aircraft Curtiss-Wright CW-15 has good maneuverability and easy enough control that makes it quite easy to be controlled.
Photo Curtiss-Wright CW-15
On board the aircraft can accommodate up to four people, with up to 50-ies aircraft operated not only by households but also by air carriers operating on local airlines. The maximum flight range of Curtiss-Wright CW-15 845 of kilometers, which is not so much, but in line with most of requirements to aircrafts of this type and the production time. Interior of the aircraft was carried out simply enough, but this was mainly due to the low price - the main goal, which sought American aircraft designers was to attract maximum number of customers low price and good performance, but in the end, it did not happen some of the financial problems, and therefore for the entire period of production of this model was created only 15 aircraft.
Powerplant Curtiss-Wright CW-15 presented a piston aircraft engine Curtiss Challenger power in 185 hp, but in other versions, using other power plants, allowing to develop a smaller and more power, which consequently affects the aircraft performance characteristics of the aircraft.
Curtiss-Wright CW-15 photo
Over the entire period of production, which has become very short-lived, the three main versions of the aircraft were built:
- Curtiss-Wright CW-15C - Main production version. Built 8 aircraft;
- Curtiss-Wright CW-15D - Modification is equipped with a piston engine Wright R-760; Built 3 aircraft;
- Curtiss-Wright CW-15N - A modified version, equipped with a piston aircraft engine Kinner C-5. Built 3 aircraft.
Today it is known the existence of at least four of the model aircraft.
Technical characteristics of Curtiss-Wright CW-15.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger: 3 person;
- aircraft Length: 9,27 m .;
- Wingspan: 13,24 m .;
- Plane Height: 2,7 m .;
- Weight of empty aircraft: 945 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 543 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 1488 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 160 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 185 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 845 km .;
- Maximum flight height: 3660 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: Curtiss Challenger (depending on version);
- Power: 185 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation