Convair CV-240 Convairliner. Specifications. A photo.
Convair CV-240 Convairliner - American Multi-Purpose Utility airliner developed in 1947, the Aircraft Corporation «Consolidated Vultee Aircraft Corporation».
A photoConvair CV-240 Convairliner
Design of multi-purpose aircraft model Convair CV-240 Convairliner started by American aircraft manufacturers in the first half 40-ies of the last century. The process of beginning development was associated primarily with the advent of the need to ensure full-fledged civil aviation roomy passenger aircraft capable of carrying on his board in addition to the people, and also loads.
Given that fact, at the dawn of 40-ies designing airliners was very poorly developed, aircraft manufacturers of the company «Consolidated Vultee Aircraft Corporation» spent on aircraft development is very time consuming, however, this aircraft has exceeded all expectations and has become quite popular, what said the fact that more than a thousand aircraft of this model were built during the period of production.
Convair CV-240 Convairliner photo
His first flight tests of the aircraft model Convair CV-240 Convairliner been in 1947 year, and, lifting up into the air, flight and landing were very successful, and therefore the project was considered a success, and within a few months airliner Convair CV-240 Convairliner entered into production.
The aircraft has a good aerodynamic, allowing it to accelerate to sufficiently high flight speeds, reduced fuel consumption and a large enough distance flight, and, the aircraft received a large demand on the territory of the United States and outside the country, in particular in some European countries, in Canada, Asia and others.
Depending on the modification of the aircraft, on board passenger aircraft can accommodate up to 52 people, which provides an excellent opportunity for airlines to implement flights to minimize its own costs and accomplishing more flights at a long range. If necessary, the aircraft Convair CV-240 Convairliner can also be employed for transportation of goods, but in this case there were constraints as by weight and in size, due mainly to the design features of the aircraft.
AircraftConvair CV-240 Convairliner
Passenger airliner Convair CV-240 Convairliner equipped with two piston aircraft engines of the brand Pratt & Whitney R-2800-CA18 Double Wasp, overall thrust of which is 4200 hp, which allows the aircraft to develop a cruising speed of flight in 435 km \ h., And to overcome the distance in kilometers 1930. Among other things, this model airplanes (including modified versions) can be used and other types of piston propulsion.
The following options are model airplanes Convair CV-240 Convairliner:
- Convair CV-240 Convairliner - The basic production version of the airplane;
- Convair CV-340 Convairliner - An improved version of the aircraft;
- Convair CV-440 Convairliner - An upgraded version of the aircraft, aircraft engines equipped with the brand Pratt & Whitney R-2800-CB17 Double Wasp (2500 hp each).
Specifications Convair CV-240 Convairliner.
- Crew: 2-3 chelovekf;
- Passenger: 52 people (depending on version);
- aircraft Length: 22,76 m (depending on version).
- Wingspan: 28 m .;
- Plane Height: 8,2 m .;
- Weight of empty aircraft: 12520 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 5100 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 19000 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 435 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 460 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 1930 km .;
- Maximum flight height: 8000 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: 2 x Pratt & Whitney R-2800-CA18 Double Wasp (depending on version);
- Power: 2 x 2100 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation