Comp Air 4. Specifications. A photo.
Comp Air 4 - easy screw plane produced American aircraft company «CompAir Inc.» with 1995 years.
The first development aircraft Comp Air 4 1992 began in the year, with the main reason for which was carried out the design of the aircraft was the need for the development and promotion of aircraft belonging to general aviation, which in turn has created a plane that meets these requirements.
A photoComp Air 4
It was supposed to issue plane Comp Air 4 in the already fully assembled and ready for operation, but, ultimately, guide aircraft company decided that the aircraft will be available as a kit for self-assembly, which is somewhat reduced the cost of flying apparatus on the market, but at the same time resulted in reducing risk of this model.
On board the plane Comp Air 4 can carry up to four people, what corresponds to the model designation - one pilot and three passengers, however, in addition to passenger traffic, the aircraft is designed also for the transportation of goods, in particular, do not exceed the requirements of flight performance and beyond the dimensions of the cockpit.
CabinComp Air 4
The standard powerplant model Comp Air 4 a piston aircraft engine four-cylinder Lycoming O-360-A1A develops power in 180 hp, which enables to carry out air travel for distances up to 1222 kilometers (maximum flight range of the aircraft), with a top speed of flight to 239 km \ h. Initially, the American aeronautical engineer is supposed to establish aircraft engine Walter, however, because of the low quality practice, as well as its low reliability, it was decided to install the piston power plant that meets modern requirements and is inexpensive in terms of maintenance.
If necessary, the chassis of the aircraft may be replaced with wheel on the float, which in turn makes it possible to operate the aircraft as seaplanes, which also found its use from private owners.
In 2000-ies on the basis of the plane Comp Air 4 was created a modified version that allows you to post on the board to 6 people, including also a member of the crew, but despite this fact, the aircraft did not become popular among customers, and 20-year period, according to the 1995 2015 years, was built only 36 aircraft of this model.
Specifications Comp Air 4.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger: 3 people (depending on version);
- aircraft Length: 7,92 m (depending on version).
- Wingspan: 11,46 m (depending on version).
- Plane Height: 2,44 m (depending on version).
- Weight of empty aircraft: 632 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 660 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 1292 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 212 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 239 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 1222 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 4880 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: Lycoming O-360-A1A (depending on version);
- Power: 180 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation