Challis Heliplane CH-160. Specifications. A photo.
Challis Heliplane CH-160 - Multi-Purpose unmanned aerial vehicle manufactured in Canada, designed in 2009, the company «Challis Heliplane».
Design of multi-purpose UAV Challis Heliplane CH-160 was organized by Canadian designers at the end of 2007 years, while in the course of development, the drone design several times being modified to ensure the universal application of UAVs, yet ultimately, it was not the engineers decided to copter need for configuration, as in this case the operation of drone study expanded even difficult terrain.
Drone model Challis Heliplane CH-160 is primarily military applications, but in Canada, the drone is also very actively used by local rescuers and fire department, as high flight performance copter in conjunction with the broad functionality allow control the fire risk situation, to carry out search operations in difficult terrain, and others.
Canadian UAV Challis Heliplane CH-160 is equipped with two types of cells - electro-optical and infrared, which ensures the applicability of him, both in normal operating conditions and in conditions of poor (poor visibility), which is very effective.
UAV has a sufficiently large size of its fuselage - the length of the drone is about 6,55 meters, while the diameter of the main rotor is vertical 5,94 meters, which actually corresponds to the size of a small light helicopter.
Unmanned aerial vehicle equipped with the power plant including a four-cylinder piston engine the Rotax brand 914, which is having a thrust in 115 hp, allowing drone maximum airspeed in 255 km \ h., At the same time, the maximum range of the UAV flight Challis Heliplane CH- 160 640 of kilometers.
In addition to the basic version, the designers of the company «Challis Heliplane» have also been developed and upgraded versions of the drones that model, including:
- Challis Heliplane CH-280;
- Challis Heliplane CH-320.
Specifications Challis Heliplane CH-160.
- Length: 6,55 m (depending on version).
- Main Rotor Diameter: 5,94 m (depending on version).
- Height: 2,13 m .;
- Maximum takeoff weight: 345 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising flight speed: 175 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 255 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 640 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 6500 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: Rotax 914 (depending on version);
- Power: 115 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation