Cessna 421 Golden Eagle. A photo. Characteristics.
Cessna 421 Golden Eagle (Golden Eagle) - US small-engine twin-engine multi-purpose aircraft, available from mid-60-ies of the last century. Due to the rapid transformation of the cabin of the aircraft, the aircraft Cessna 421 perfectly located for both transport of passengers and for freight transport.
Construction of small-aircraft Cessna 421 Golden Eagle was developed on the basis of earlier models - Cessna 411However, due to the improved technical characteristics, new design, and a number of modifications, the aircraft got a great demand among customers than the preceding model.
Cessna 421C photo
The fuselage of the aircraft Cessna 421 Golden Eagle is an all-metal, in this case, the power plant of the aircraft is represented by two piston engines Continental GTSIO-520D total capacity of 750 hp At its board aircraft can carry up to 6 people (basic production version), including the pilot and one passenger 5. Retractable landing gear of an aircraft, the aircraft gives the best aerodynamic performance, providing flight at speeds up to 475 km \ h., At a maximum height of flight in 9205 meters.
Photo Cessna 421 Golden Eagle
A little less than a year and a half after the appearance of the base production model Cessna 421, American aeronautical engineer introduced an upgraded version of the aircraft - Cessna 421A, differing not only increase the maximum take-off weight, some improvements in the cabin, but also reinforced fuselage structure. During the production period, the US aircraft plant was collected 158 aircraft of this version.
In 1970 year has been a model of Cessna 421B Golden Eagle / Executive Commuter, received not only an increased maximum takeoff weight, but also additional space for two passengers. The new version was designed mainly for domestic airlines, and the model has caused quite a strong interest from customers - for all the time of release was made 699 aircraft Cessna 421B Golden Eagle / Executive Commuter.
Interior Cessna 421 Golden Eagle
Model Cessna 421C Golden Eagle / Executive Commuter, presented in late October 1975 years, become the most popular - a time of release 859 units were built. The aircraft was equipped with optional or engines Continental GTSIO-520-L, or Continental GTSIO-520-N, the total power in 750 hp Maximum take-off weight of the aircraft was 3379 kg, with payload of more than 1300 kg.
Besides the basic models, production was also launched, and a number of special versions of the aircraft Cessna 421:
- Cessna 421 Riley Turbine Rocket (used turboprop engines Lycoming LTP101 capacity of 650 hp each);
- Cessna 421 Riley Turbine Eagle (used turboprop engines Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6A-135, 750 in hp each);
- Cessna 421 Excalibur (an upgraded version of the Cessna 421C);
- Cessna 421 Advanced Aircraft Regent 1500 (an improved version of Cessna 421 Riley Turbine Eagle).
421 the Cessna aircraft manufacturing activity continued during the period from 1967 1985 on year, and the history of the issue of the production line descended 1916 aircraft of this family.
Specifications Cessna 421 Golden Eagle.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger 7 people;
- aircraft Length: 11,1 m .;
- Wingspan: 12,54 m .;
- Plane Height: 3,49 m .;
- Weight of empty aircraft: 2041 m (depending on version).
- Payload: 1338 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 3379 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 444 km \ h .;
- Maximum flight speed: 475 km \ h .;
- Maximum flight distance: 2755 km .;
- Maximum flight height: 9205 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: 2 × Continental GTSIO-520-L (depending on version);
- Power: 2 × 375 hp
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation