Caudron C.500 Simoun. Specifications. A photo.
Caudron C.500 Simoun - French light multi-purpose aircraft, developed in 1934, the company «Societe des avions Caudron».
Caudron C.500 Simoun photo
French engineers, aircraft manufacturers started designing aircraft model Caudron C.500 Simoun in 1930 year, while, during the preliminary development monoplane design with the lower position of the wing was adopted, which provided the aircraft rather high agility, and additionally provide better and more durable fixation wing to the fuselage, allowing the aircraft to perform even complex aerobatic stunts, despite the fact that as a sports aircraft, this model of aircraft is not positioned.
Sufficiently large size aircraft Caudron C.500 Simoun does not affect its maneuverability, due to the rather powerful power plant, which provides the aircraft high flight speed.
Caudron C.500 Simoun aircraft has an all-metal design that provides additional strength to the aircraft, thereby making its operation very reliable and practical.
The first tests of the aircraft model Caudron C.500 Simoun were carried out by French aircraft manufacturers of the company «Societe des avions Caudron» in 1934 year, thus, the aircraft was unable to complete all the necessary tests, in connection with which the project was sent to the repeated revision, and only after successful tests in serial production, which was conducted for a sufficiently long period of time in which the aircraft was built 572.
Cab Caudron C.500 Simoun aircraft is designed for four people - a pilot and three passengers, and, if necessary, the aircraft Caudron C.500 Simoun can also be carried out on his board and transporting small loads, the only condition which is a limitation on the maximum take-off weight of the aircraft apparatus, which is 1380 kilogram.
A photoCaudron C.500 Simoun
The aircraft is equipped with Caudron C.500 Simoun powerplant piston type, consisting of one aircraft engine brand Renault 6Q-09, which is able to develop traction in 220 hp, which is quite a lot for a light aircraft. Maximum range of flight Caudron C.500 Simoun aircraft 1500 limited distance in kilometers, with the cruising speed of the aircraft 300 km \ h., Which is quite acceptable.
The following versions of the aircraft:
- Caudron C.500 Simoun I - A prototype of the aircraft;
- Caudron C.520 Simoun - An improved version of the prototype Caudron C.500 Simoun I;
- Caudron C.620 Simoun IV - A pilot version of the aircraft with improved power plant;
- Caudron C.630 Simoun - The basic production version of the aircraft Renault Bengali 6Pri;
- Caudron C.631 Simoun - An upgraded version of the engine equipped Renault 6Q-01;
- Caudron C.632 Simoun - Analogue version Caudron C.631 Simoun;
- Caudron C.633 Simoun - An improved version of Caudron C.631 Simoun optimized fuselage structure;
- Caudron C.634 Simoun - Version with an improved wing profile and increased maximum take-off weight;
- Caudron C.635 Simoun - Modification to the improved design of the aircraft cabin;
- Caudron Simoun C.635M - The military version of the aircraft.
Specifications Caudron C.500 Simoun.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger: 3 person;
- aircraft Length: 9,1 m (depending on version).
- Wingspan: 10,4 m (depending on version).
- Plane Height: 2,3 m (depending on version).
- Weight of empty aircraft: 755 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 625 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 1380 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 300 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 320 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 1500 km .;
- Maximum flight height: 6000 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: Renault 6Q-09 (depending on version);
- Power: 220 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation