CASA CN235. Specifications. A photo.
CASA CN235 - a twin-engine turboprop transport and passenger aircraft, developed by the Spanish aircraft manufacturer «Construcciones Aeronauticas SA» (CASA), and produced on the territory of Spain, and under license, in the territory of Indonesia.
A photoCASA CN235
Development of transport and passenger aircraft CASA CN235 was related to the need for military air forces of Spain modern air technology, in particular, it was a multipurpose aircraft capable of carrying out a transportation of bulky cargo and troops, including those capable of providing landing from the air. His first flight of the aircraft CASA CN235 implemented in 1981 year, however, in the mass production of this model received only 1988 year, thus ensuring the Air Force needs more of Spain.
Among other things, the model CASA CN235 produced also for Civil Aviation, and, the aircraft was fitted not only for the transport of goods, but actually was, and is currently very popular passenger aircraft, capable of air travel over distances of up to 4355 kilometers (maximum flight distance).
CASA CN235 photo
On board the aircraft CASA CN235 (civil passenger version) can accommodate up to 51 passenger, which is very efficient, at the same time taking into account the maximum range of flight, the aircraft is capable of air travel at a cruising speed of 450 km \ h, which is more efficient than the model CASA C-295, which became the base for the development of this aircraft.
In the role of the power plant, by plane CASA CN235 serve two turboprop aircraft engine General Electric CT7-9C3 (depending on version), capable of developing a thrust of 1750 hp, which is almost twice more than the model-predecessor. In addition, thanks to the power plant of this type, the aircraft became more reliable, although the incidents it is still marked.
During the entire production cycle, which lasts since the first aircraft CASA CN235, was built 273 aircraft, among which there are modifications of this model:
- CASA CN235-10 - Main production version of the airplane;
- CASA CN235-100 \ 110 - Modification, equipped with turboprop aircraft engines General Electric CT7-9C. The current version has replaced the main production, because it is more reliable;
- CASA CN235-200 \ 220 - An improved version of the aircraft, able to carry out more long air flights, with increased payload received on board. 200 series was produced by the Spanish aircraft manufacturers and 220 series - Indonesian Aircraft Corporation of license;
- CASA CN235-300 - A modification based on 200 \ 220 series, equipped with modern avionics means without changing the technical characteristics of the aircraft;
- CASA CN235-330 Phoenix - A modified version developed for the Royal Australian Air Force;
- CASA CN235 MPA - Special military version of the patrol;
- HC-144 Ocean Sentry - Special military version for the US Air Force;
- CASA AC-235 - Aircraft fire support.
The main operators of civil utility aircraft CASA CN235 are such countries as:
- Inter Austral (Argentina);
- Merpati Nusantara Airlines (Indonesia);
- Pelita Air Service (Indonesia);
- Tiko Air (Madagascar);
- Air Namibia (Namibia), and others.
Specifications CASA CN235.
- Crew: 2 person;
- Passenger: 51 passengers (depending on version);
- aircraft Length: 21,4 m .;
- Wingspan: 25,81 m .;
- Plane Height: 8,18 m .;
- Weight of empty aircraft: 9800 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 5300 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 15100 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 450 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 480 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 4355 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 7620 m .;
- aircraft engine Type: Turboprop;
- Powerplant: 2 × General Electric CT7-9C3 (depending on version);
- Power: 2 × 1750 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation