Canadair CL-44. Specifications. A photo.
Canadair CL-44 - Canadian turboprop passenger and cargo airliner produced since 1969 years for the needs of civil aviation and for the Air Force.
A photoCanadair CL-44
Design and Cargo aircraft Canadair CL-44 was conducted based on the model of the British airliner Bristol Britannia, however, in view of the need to improve the design, the model has been partially modified, and in fact, no longer is a version of the British aircraft manufacturers, although in many ways consistent with her.
His first flight of the aircraft Canadair CL-44 made in 1959 year, at the same time in a year, the model was put into production, which is primarily focused on military aviation (transport troops and cargo transportation), and has subsequently been further modified for the needs of civil aviation, including the transportation of passengers, transportation of small-sized and large-sized cargoes, etc.
Cargo versionCanadair CL-44
Depending on the modification of the aircraft and for the entire production cycle is aware of at least 7 appeared versions, on board an aircraft can accommodate up to 160 passengers, which greatly exceeds the capabilities of the British aircraft adapted for the carriage of only 139 people. The maximum flight distance was limited 9 thousand kilometers, which in turn provides opportunities for military purposes as well as for the civil sector.
Four turboprop aircraft engine Rolls-Royce Tyne 515 / 50 (depending on the version and the version of the aircraft), are able to develop traction in 5739 hp each, in turn, provided the aircraft is very high flight speed is about 670 km \ h. (Maximum flight speed), thus providing extremely fast air travel as compared to aircraft of the same type but from other aircraft manufacturers. However, powerful aircraft powerplant Canadair CL-44, is also a very great disadvantage mainly manifested in a high level of fuel consumption, making it very costly flights, thus leading to rapid loss of interest in the airliner.
Aircraft Canadair CL-44 has a very interesting and unusual design of the fuselage that can open the tailpiece to access to the cargo compartment. The idea, proposed by Canadian aircraft manufacturers, was quite revolutionary, however, due to this factor seriously increased risk of leakage during the flight, which is also one of the reasons why the operation of the aircraft was discontinued in the year 1971.
Among other things, produced the following modification of the model:
- Canadair CL-44-6 - The military version, also known as CC-106 Yukon;
- Canadair CL-44D4-1 - Civilian cargo version of the plane;
- Canadair CL-44D4-2 - Civilian cargo version, designed specifically for carrier «Flying Tiger Line»;
- Canadair CL-44D4-6 - Special cargo version, designed for the company «Slick Airways» $;
- Canadair CL-44D4-8 - Passenger version of the aircraft;
- Canadair CL-44J - A special version with enhanced facilities and increased fuselage length, maximum vzlёtnym weight and fuel tanks;
- Canadair CL-44-O - Passenger version with improved power plant Rolls-Royce RB211.
Specifications Canadair CL-44.
- Crew: 3 person;
- Passenger: 160 people(Depending on version);
- aircraft Length: 41,73 m .;
- Wingspan: 43,38 m .;
- Plane Height: 11,18 m .;
- Weight of empty aircraft: 40348 kg .;
- Payload: 29959 kg .;
- Maximum takeoff weight: 95000 kg .;
- Cruising speed: 646 km \ h.(Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 670 km \ h.(Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 8990 km .;
- Maximum flight height: 9100 m .;
- aircraft engine Type: Turboprop;
- Powerplant: 4 × Rolls-Royce Tyne 515 / 50 (depending on version);
- Power: 4 × 5730 hp(Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation