Boeing 247. Specifications. A photo.
Boeing 247 - American passenger aircraft developed by «Boeing Company» in 1933 year.
A photoBoeing 247
Designing passenger aircraft model Boeing 247 began in late 20-ies of the last century, at the same time, «Boeing Company» American aircraft manufacturers of the company's established quite efficient aircraft design suitable, including those for the transport of cargo on its board, having among other things very bold design and good aerodynamic performance.
Airplane Boeing 247 was quite effective in terms of its performance properties, in particular, the model aircraft has a high flight speed, has a large seating capacity (for the period of its production), and can also carry air travel at very great distances, which is quite effective.
Boeing 247 photo
The aircraft turned out to be quite popular in the territory of the United States and Canada - for the entire period of production by US aircraft manufacturers was established 75 aircrafts of this model, and in spite of the fact that to date, these aircraft fully decommissioned, some of them Therefore still continues to exist, but only in private collections and museums.
The first flight tests of the Boeing aircraft in February 247 1933 been a year, with all the necessary tests have been completed almost immediately, allowing to quickly launch the model into production, where it was before 40-ies.
Salon Boeing 247 aircraft can be equipped with both passenger and mixed version, which makes it possible to carry out a transport of passengers and cargo. The maximum passenger aircraft equipment, can accommodate up to 10 passengers on board the aircraft, thus, it requires a crew consisting of three people to manage the aircraft.
His use of the aircraft model Boeing 247 found also in the military aviation sector, where the plane was used for similar purposes, including military transportation and military goods (weapons, ammunition, etc..).
The power plant of the Boeing aircraft 247 consists of two radial piston engines of the brand Pratt & Whitney R-1340-S1H1-G Wasp, the total capacity of which is 1200 hp, allowing the aircraft and a high load capacity and high enough airspeed, reaching values in 320 km \ h. The maximum distance at which an aircraft of this model can perform flights, limited distance in 1300 kilometers.
The following versions of the aircraft:
- Boeing 247 - The basic version of the aircraft;
- Boeing 247A - A modernized version of the aircraft, equipped with a more powerful power plant, designed for airline «Deutsche Luft Hansa»;
- Boeing 247E - Test version of the plane, refitted for technical tests;
- Boeing 247D - An improved version of the aircraft, with increased cruising airspeed;
- Boeing 247Y - Enhanced version of the aircraft, designed for export to China;
- Boeing C-73 - The military version of the plane, based at the version of Boeing 247D.
Specifications Boeing 247.
- Crew: 3 person;
- Passenger: 10 people;
- aircraft Length: 15,72 m .;
- Wingspan: 22,56 m (depending on version).
- Plane Height: 3,81 m .;
- Weight of empty aircraft: 4055 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 2000 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 6200 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 305 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 320 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 1300 km .;
- Maximum flight height: 8000 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: 2 x Pratt & Whitney R-1340-S1H1-G Wasp (depending on version);
- Power: 2 x 600 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation