Bellanca 14. Specifications. A photo.
Bellanca 14 - American single-engine light aircraft, manufactured by «Bellanca» in the prewar period.
A photoBellanca 14
In the development of small-engine aircraft, American aircraft manufacturers have tried to create a multi-purpose design of the aircraft, which could be used not only in civil aviation and the aircraft was created with such a bias, but also in military aviation. Initially it was assumed that the on-board aircraft can accommodate up to 6-8 people (including also the pilot), but due to a serious rise in price of the aircraft, as well as a number of technical difficulties, it was decided to develop a Triple aircraft suitable for use on small distances.
Bellanca 14 photo
His first flight of the aircraft Bellanca 14 implemented in December 1937 year, while initially the plane was operated as a civilian aircraft carrying out air travel at short distances - as far as possible, that can overcome this plane is about 764 kilometers (depending on version aircraft). However, the aircraft is not popular with private owners, and because of his final release was limited to only 53 built aircraft, about 40 of which were used by US carriers for flights over short distances.
On board of small-aircraft Bellanca 14 can accommodate only three persons (including also the pilot of the aircraft), which according to experts is one of the factors as to why the aircraft did not become popular. However, the aircraft, which has almost 80-year history, continues to be exploited by some private owners and now, however, most of these aircraft are currently stored in the non-operable state, and because some of them are collections of museums.
As the power plant, an airplane Bellanca 14, set piston aircraft engine Lenape LM-5, 70 has a capacity of HP, which in turn allows you to reach speeds of up to 189 km \ h. However, due to low reliability, flights carried out at lower speeds. However, later, with the advent of other modifications to the aircraft of this model began to establish other aircraft engines - more powerful, reliable and efficient.
Over the entire period of production, the American aircraft manufacturers have released the following modification of the model:
- Bellanca Junior 14-7 - Prototype, equipped with propulsion LeBlond 5E;
- Bellanca Junior 14-7L - A modified version, often called Bellanca 14-7, piston aircraft engine equipped Lenape LM-5.
- Bellanca 14-9 - Main production version, equipped with a radial piston aircraft engine Ken-Royce 5F. Modification is equipped with retractable landing gear, reducing drag during flight;
- Bellanca 14-9L - Modification to the aircraft engine Lenape Brave;
- Bellanca 14-10L - A modified version, with installed capacity of piston aviadvigatelemLycoming 100 hp .;
- Bellanca 14-12 - The military version of small-engine aircraft;
- Bellanca T14-14 - Military training version of the aircraft, equipped with coaxial upravleneim.
Technical Features Bellanca 14.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger: 2 people (depending on version);
- aircraft Length: 6,48 m .;
- Wingspan: 10,42 m .;
- Plane Height: 2,15 m .;
- Weight of empty aircraft: 542 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 278 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 820 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising flight speed: 195 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 214 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 764 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 4500 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: Ken-Royce 5F (depending on version);
- Power: 90 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation