Beechcraft Travel Air. Specifications. A photo.
Beechcraft Travel Air - a twin-engine multi-purpose aircraft, produced with 1958 years «Beech Aircraft Corporation» American Aircraft Corporation.
Beechcraft Travel Air photo
Development of the aircraft Beechcraft Travel Air began in mid-50-ies of the last century, at the same time, the plane was on the plans of management aircraft company to make greater competition aircraft for such American aviarazrabotchikov as the Cessna and the Piper, that due to high flight-technical characteristics of the aircraft and happened.
To shorten the period of the design of the aircraft, the US aviarazrabotchiki decided to design borrowing for the future of the aircraft of the model Beechcraft 35 Bonanza. Moreover, the use of the finished design provided the aircraft and reducing the cost of that in the compartment allowed to make aircraft demand.
In its first flight model aircraft Beechcraft Travel Air off August 6 1956 years, however, due to the fact that flying characteristics of the aircraft did not meet the demands of leadership Aircraft Corporation, the plane was sent for further revision, where he spent more about 1,5 years.
Since 1958 years, the plane began to be produced commercially, and in just 10-year period, Aircraft Company «Beech Aircraft Corporation» 720 copies of this aircraft was built, which continues to operate actively and now.
A photoBeechcraft Travel Air
Because the Beechcraft Travel Air aircraft is a multipurpose aircraft capable of engaging in a carriage of people on your board, and transportation of cargo, the aircraft is also interested and representatives of the military sphere, which could use this model as a patrol or supervisory means.
In the cockpit of the aircraft Beechcraft Travel Air can accommodate up to 5 people, including one pilot and four passengers, allowing the plane to find also use in the commercial sector of civil aviation. Oversized loads, due to their design, the aircraft transport can not, however, small objects weighing up to 745 kg of the aircraft may well carry.
Powerplant Beechcraft Travel Air aircraft consists of two piston engines brands Lycoming IO-360-B1B (depending on the variant of the aircraft and its modifications) that could develop traction in 180 hp each. The use of this propulsion system allows the aircraft to accelerate to maximum speed 385 km \ h., And the maximum distance to which this model can carry out flights, limited 1880 kilometers.
CabinBeechcraft Travel Air
aircraft model Beechcraft Travel Air includes the following versions and modifications:
- Beechcraft Model 95 Travel Air - Basic version of the aircraft produced since 1958 on 1959 year;
- Beechcraft Model B95 Travel Air- An improved version of the aircraft with an enlarged fuselage length and a number of technical amendments;
- Beechcraft Model B95A Travel Air - An improved version of the version of Beechcraft Model B95 Travel Air with more productive plant, consisting of two engines brands Lycoming IO-360-B1A;
- Beechcraft Model D95A Travel Air - Version with improved design and advanced baggage compartment;
- Beechcraft Model E95 Travel Air - An improved version of the version of Beechcraft Model D95A Travel Air.
Specifications Beechcraft Travel Air.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger: 4 person;
- aircraft Length: 7,9 m .;
- Wingspan: 11,54 m .;
- Plane Height: 2,9 m .;
- Weight of empty aircraft: 1160 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 745 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 1905 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 340 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 385 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 1880 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 5500 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston (depending on version);
- Powerplant: 2 × Lycoming IO-360-B1B (depending on version);
- Power: 2 × 180 hp ..
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation